Invisible player?

hello,

me and a few others were playing on our japlus server and suddenly some of us start dying. we dont see anyone else but ourselves in the scoreboard, i do a count and its just us 3, yet its as if someone is completely invisible, no name, but someone or something is killing us and the server doesnt even say "we died by him". after a while it eventually just stopped.

is this a known bug/exploit/glitch? figured id post since it was really bizarre... thanks.

Heh.

By "our" server, you mean you are the admins and whatnot? Do you just suddenly die or its as if someone is hitting you with a saber and lose health?

Yeah we are the admins so no amghost or mindtrick is being in play. Yeah I die as if someone is hitting us, really strange. Health drops and you can avoid it by running/jumping around to try and avoid whoever/whatever is causing this.

Incoming barrage of questions:

• What operating system is the server running on (Windows, Linux, etc)?
  • What server program are you running? The standard JKA dedicated server, or a different server (such as OpenJK)?
  • What version of JA+ are you running?
  • Has the problem started happening recently, or has it always been like this?

Incoming barrage of questions:

• What operating system is the server running on (Windows, Linux, etc)?
  • What server program are you running? The standard JKA dedicated server, or a different server (such as OpenJK)?
  • What version of JA+ are you running?
  • Has the problem started happening recently, or has it always been like this?

Im a bit late sorry for that!

It runs on windows, dedicated and mod is from Japlus 2.4 B7 (latest one basically). Its only really happenend once or twice although a friend told me it happenend yet again. Might be a rare glitch or perhaps its intentional?

Well, if a player is grabbed by a rancor, and then noclips before he is eaten, their body disappears, but they still remain...as a ghost...even the saber is invisible...and they can kill whomever they wish...

But how they somehow began killing people without showing up on the scoreboard is beyond me...

Evulant likes this