Adding different texture to lightsaber hilt

Currently i'm trying to replace the texture of a lightsaber hilt with an edited one, however, because the texture is "fused" with the hilt model i need to replace the textures with a program probably. I already tired to just replace the textures, changing folder and file names etc. and it didn't work. However, it worked when i just replaced the texture itself, but i'd like to add an alternate colored version of said hilt and not replaced the normal one. ^_^

Texture paths in .glm files are safe to edit (with a hex editor) as long as you take care to overwrite and not insert or delete so nothing in the file changes its location. Paths are terminated with a 0 byte and limited to 63 characters.

Texture paths in .glm files are safe to edit (with a hex editor) as long as you take care to overwrite and not insert or delete so nothing in the file changes its location. Paths are terminated with a 0 byte and limited to 63 characters.

Could you explain please which program is best suited, and how i do that correctly? :)

Pretty much any Hex Editor will do, like Tiny Hexer to name one I've used. Just make sure to press the "Ins/insert" key so the cursor highlights the current character, overwriting it when you enter something, as opposed to inserting it in front.

1. Make a backup
  2. Open the file in a Hex Editor of your choice
  3. Search for the name of the texture you want to replace (you may need to switch on a "text search" mode)
  4. Hex Editors usually come with two columns - the raw bytes and their character interpretation. Select the texture you want to overwrite in the character interpretation, switch on overwrite mode ("insert" key) and enter your new path
  5. In the raw byte column, terminate the name with a 00 byte.

Pretty much any Hex Editor will do, like Tiny Hexer to name one I've used. Just make sure to press the "Ins/insert" key so the cursor highlights the current character, overwriting it when you enter something, as opposed to inserting it in front.

1. Make a backup
  2. Open the file in a Hex Editor of your choice
  3. Search for the name of the texture you want to replace (you may need to switch on a "text search" mode)
  4. Hex Editors usually come with two columns - the raw bytes and their character interpretation. Select the texture you want to overwrite in the character interpretation, switch on overwrite mode ("insert" key) and enter your new path
  5. In the raw byte column, terminate the name with a 00 byte.

Replaced the path, but don't understand what you mean with the rest. :wacko:

The game needs to be able to figure out where the path ends. To figure that out it looks for the first null-byte. Since there is no null-button on your keyboard you'll need to set the raw value, which is possible in a hex editor.

The game needs to be able to figure out where the path ends. To figure that out it looks for the first null-byte. Since there is no null-button on your keyboard you'll need to set the raw value, which is possible in a hex editor.

Right now it looks like this, please explain what needs to be done now. :)

konei6bf.jpg