I am about to start a new project!

I am in the initial stages of a new project and it's a big one! 

I am designing a Sith temple that draws inspiration from SW: The Old Republic, Mysteries of the Sith, and even various parts of The Cairn installation and Doomgiver from JK2.

It is going to be largely geared towards roleplay-style gameplay, Featuring force training areas, Sith Trials and more.

I already know I am going to be facing some major hurdles given my limited scripting knowledge in addition to the monumental task of building the map.

Anyone interested in helping me overcome these challenges is welcome.

Some things I plan to feature:

• Training areas for core force abilities. (No idea how to make puzzles that use force sense)
  • Sith Trials that test the player's suitability to be Sith (Using dark powers and doing decidedly evil things to complete each test)
  • Reward players who complete the Trials with access to the Lord's Throne room (No idea how to script that) 
  • Imprisonment, torture and death await those who fail the trials.
  • Duel Training room stolen from inspired by Kyle's first encounter with a Shadow Trooper in JK2

Areas of the temple will (hopefully) include:

• Grand Entrance
  • Main Hall
  • Sith Archives
  • Medical Center
  • Dining Area
  • Sleeping quarters
  • Meditation Room
  • Armory
  • Dungeon
  • Throne Room
  • Force Training Rooms
  • Sith Trials Access

A Question also, is it possible via script to put the player into the meditation pose? It might be cool to have a player meditate before a statue that would then grant them a force boost. If so, how would I do it?

Anyway, it's a big project and I invite any help I can get on this one.

Bek likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I offer my services for custom textures if it's any consolation. This project, were it to be finished, would be a great addition to Jedi Academy. My main argument is that the rest of Korriban should be open for exploration. The old tombs, the caves, dungeons, and most notably the sands that Korriban houses itself on. I'd be intrigued to see a similar design implemented in resemblance of SWTOR's imitation of Korriban. Needless to say, it would also contribute to the expansion were you to create a hangar and a cantina similar to Dreshdae, as seen in KotOR.

But then again, what is this project called? -- The Sith Temple, or the Korriban Expansion?

Forgive my suggestions, were they too extreme. I'm merely a wide dreamer.

I offer my services for custom textures if it's any consolation. This project, were it to be finished, would be a great addition to Jedi Academy. My main argument is that the rest of Korriban should be open for exploration. The old tombs, the caves, dungeons, and most notably the sands that Korriban houses itself on. I'd be intrigued to see a similar design implemented in resemblance of SWTOR's imitation of Korriban. Needless to say, it would also contribute to the expansion were you to create a hangar and a cantina similar to Dreshdae, as seen in KotOR.

But then again, what is this project called? -- The Sith Temple, or the Korriban Expansion?

Forgive my suggestions, were they too extreme. I'm merely a wide dreamer.

Well so far I hadn't intended to set it on Korriban. Terrain and exterior based maps aren't exactly my strong suit. The visual theme of the architecture is extremely rooted in the interior of the Sith Academy on Korriban, but the temple itself would be located somewhere else. My thinking is that it was commissioned in secret by a megalomaniacal Sith Lord who expected the emperor to be defeated by the republic. He would rebuild and rule over the sith empire after the republic let its guard down. Unfortunately for him, while the temple was completed he didn't live to see his plans come to fruition. The temple was abandoned for some time before being rediscovered later by a dark force user after the battle of Ruusan who unknown to members of Bane's sith lineage declared himself a lord of the sith and began training a new generation of Sith in the temple.