MAP convert to ASE or BSP convert to MAP

I'm messin around in Radiant again. Fixing some old files, learning and RElearning again. I havn't really mapped in years, since mapcraft at least. So I wanted to look at some old default levels as well as make some Radiant files into models. So I had some old batch files as well as programs to make conversions. But for the life of me I just couldn't understand WHY I couldn't get anything to convert. How strange.... Q3map tools...Radiant reinstalls...batch files....NOTHING worked. It just kept giving me the same error no matter what I did. No directory found: Incorrect directory: No files found. Frustration = 9/10. I moved files around and triple checked my files for errors. Nothing. My last ditch effort was to start opening up new and old .ase and .map files in notepad to try and compare and see what or why it wasn't working. The problem? As soon as q3map2 started to run, it got lost trying to find this little blurb: common/caulk. I don't have any common/caulk available for Radiant to access. So as soon as it tried looking for it, it quit. So I went and opened up all my maps and ase files in notepad that referenced that direct file and replaced them all with system/caulk. Voila. Fixed.

Radiant has nothing to do with any converting. Q3Map2 does that. It doesn't even need access to any of the textures in order to decompile a level.

I'm guessing that your problem is something else that you accidentally fixed without realizing it. Most likely whatever .bat file you were using wasn't pointed correctly at q3map2, the directory and filepath of the map you were attempting to decompile, or did not have -game ja in the switches.

I literally have no texture assets from JKA anymore on this computer, yet just decompiled a copy of FFA1 in my GTKRadiant 1.4.0 folder.