Question about coding force and weapons. SP vs MP and an idea.

Because Eezstreet making 2 tutorial about add a new weapond and a new force power in the multiplayer, i am more interessed to the same thing about the single player.

the max is 32 weapons and 32 force power.

for force power there is a large possibility of adding. because their are only 18.

5 light, 5 dark  (teamheal and teamenergyze unused and hidden on SP) and 8 neutral : push, pull, see, speed, jump, saber offense, defense and throw.

weapons are much more, because NPC weapons fulls the slot, so is possible to addonly 4 weapons.

I have some question about the coding of SP:

1: the difference about adding a weapons in SP: there is not an equivalent of weaponinit on the cpp files of code section, so, the information of "weaponinit" in what files are contained?

2: same for force: the w_force.c of MP have not the equivalent file on the SP, and so, for add a force power, what files contain the information of w_force.c and how need to modification?

3: a coding question: how to program a differenzial dmg class for the weapons like demp2 to with droid classes?

4: second coding question: how to unlock for the player the NPC weapons? (all NPC weapons, if is possible. :\ )

5: third coding question: how to use properly the function of trapping the sound and the efx for a new weapons or new force power. in other words: how define what effects, sound and animation are used by a weapons and a force power?

6: how is possible to program a force power for making something like poison as interrogator droid, or the sonicpain of howler?

7: how to make a force power that do a dmg around as a shockwave, and not as not only behind like force drain and force lightning? pratically like a splashradius, splashdamage,splashknockback just for understand what i mean. for weapons open jk have the splashradius, dmg and knockback usable as command for weapon.dat.

:)

8 how to make a force power usable by icarus script and editing behaved for adding the paramters

SET_FORCE_POISON true \ false

or SET_FORCE_POISON_LEVEL 1-2-3 for example, and make recognize by engine. same for the new weapons or the weapons NPC unlocked for player.

9: how create the command for allows to bot, and to NPCs to usage the new force power created in a combat setting with icarus or NPC files?

i not want to do any kind of modification on my mod on the saber system, but i am interessing to the SP coding. more of MP. i need some alteration of weapons and power.

my other idea is hacking simply the class damage of weapons, thas shoulbe easy, and the unlock of NPC weapons.

A SCRIPT ALTERNATIVE TO THE FORCE POWER DILEMMA.

for "create" the power of the force there is another possibility: pratically a way with icarus script.

example: make an item like a n holocron with the symbol of tne new power and place into the map.

wehn player take the item (func_usable and triggered, like t1_danfger items ofr part ships) run a script that setting for all enemies of the level a mindtrickscript. and get to the player the mindtrick level 1 level. the maintrick now is a modded as a generic power of spell.

so , when player use on an enemy, run the mindtrickscript and the enemy \NPCcan affect by the more disparacted things: freezed, fear, healed like Rosh in VJUN3 boss battle etc etc.

but this solution is little ... bad, because is possible to set only a kind of magic for time and for area of combat. there is no variety for player for choice effect of kind of power that can use in an area... the only way sh9oul be to add differenct olocron funcusalbe with differenct triggers for dirfferenct mindstrick script, so pòlayer can choice what kind of power usage, and every game the power is different.

but is however a bad forced way to play because player is forced efvery time to go to the holocron posisions for change the "power"

because i know only the base of C++ i can do only the basic things.

but i manage pretty good icarus.

so i suppose i can use icarus for do that's spells on my fantasy mod.

the problem however is: is not enough elastic like gameplay for usage the power, for my opinion.

if someone have a suggestion for make better this scripting idea of affecting NPC with a supplementar combat skill (lol, are only strange effect of the mindtrick LOL) i pray for teach me. 

For weapons coding i not having much choice, i need to do. not for creating new weapons, but for editing the existent weapons. well i suppose... one problem at time.

However i hope someone can give some answer for this question.

i have that's dilemmas by months...:S

1. It's in ext_data/weaponData.dat, so you need to make sure that you add entries for that there.

2. No idea, sorry.

3. What? Are you asking how to make weapons do more damage to specific NPCs? This is fairly simple; find all references to WP_DEMP2 and you'll find the bit of code that controls this.

4. Maybe check out how Mind Trick allows for NPC weapons? (note: OpenJK fixes the view for them)

5. Use cgi. functions instead of trap_ functions for those. SP uses cgi. instead of trap_

6. They aren't really force powers, but you could check how both of those work in ai_howler.cpp (i think is the file name)

7. Try using G_RadiusDamage

8. Not sure.

9. In NPC_Stats.cpp, I believe is where the parser is.

1. It's in ext_data/weaponData.dat, so you need to make sure that you add entries for that there.

2. No idea, sorry.

3. What? Are you asking how to make weapons do more damage to specific NPCs? This is fairly simple; find all references to WP_DEMP2 and you'll find the bit of code that controls this.

4. Maybe check out how Mind Trick allows for NPC weapons? (note: OpenJK fixes the view for them)

5. Use cgi. functions instead of trap_ functions for those. SP uses cgi. instead of trap_

6. They aren't really force powers, but you could check how both of those work in ai_howler.cpp (i think is the file name)

7. Try using G_RadiusDamage

8. Not sure.

9. In NPC_Stats.cpp, I believe is where the parser is.

1: i see weapon data can do only same of all parameters of coding, is possible to soecify also other parameters? example: there is the muzzleffect setting, but not the explosion effect \ etc etc, i not know if there are some specific key for altering specific effects entries like the kind of effect of the shoot, or of the impact, in weapondat are specified only the muzzle and altmuzzle effect. :( so weapon.dat can work also for the other effects? is yes, how? there is some specify unknown command for edit?

2 ok, thanks very much however, if anyone know, please contact me. i know, the SP code is a new field of knowledge.

3 thanks very much i will see demp2 parameters for that and replies for other weapons with my own damage classes.

4 : oh, nice idea! O.o thanks! yes i will check the mindtrick level 4 parameters for see how can control NPC weapons.

5 thanks for told me that. :):D

6 yes, for sonic and for poison, i have already seen the interrogator droid AI and the poison referenc is at the end of the file.

7 Thanks very much for the suggestion! :D

8 mmm, maybe Q3_interface, well need to hacking the coding parameter of interface to icarus, and need to hacking icarus source together. :\ mmm, it's little hard.

9: NPC stats: great!!! lol :D thanks very much!

"Be frozen by a boss" D'oh! O.o  :D

a little other question: in my mod shoulb be also some zombie enemies. i am thinking about they: if is possible to create an Hybrid class, maybe doing an AI_Zombie.cpp for create the class zombie. well, is pratically how the Reborn class, but with a difference: when the enemy make force jump for attack player ... Not jump... but go into the ground like sand creatures and surprise player raising by ground. i think shoul be very cool like effect. :D is not possible to make that simply with CLASS_SAND_CREATURE in npc file, because the humanoid enemy in that mode,... dive the ground and devour the player... not exactly what i want. O.o

Using a follow mechanic similar to how friendly AI work, you'd check if you're within melee range, and if so, launch a melee attack as soon as possible. Assuming they're aroused of course. You'd want to make them wander randomly if not. That's how I'd do it, design-wise anyway.

Using a follow mechanic similar to how friendly AI work, you'd check if you're within melee range, and if so, launch a melee attack as soon as possible. Assuming they're aroused of course. You'd want to make them wander randomly if not. That's how I'd do it, design-wise anyway.

Thanks eez, when will coming the time for that class, i will find a little help. need to analyze AI_JEDI and AI_SANDCREATURE.cpp file for understand how make that. Surely is not simply create a new Ai file and append the Reborn function in a copied sand_Creature.cpp i think need some adjustament in the attack script, maybe is possible appending all reborn AI in the attack script when monster esc by sand, instead of original devouring script. Sure need to specify the condition for a new grounding dive action of the enemy spawned. But yes, can be very cool, and not only for legacy of kain, if i have success to do that, i can share it, maybe should be useful for same mod like Resident Evil. :Q______________