What's with my graphics card?

Hey guys. I've been away for awhile, and was bored one day, so I downloaded the Star Trek: Elite Force demo again even though I knew it probably wouldn't work because....well...

http://jkhub.org/topic/1009-jedi-academy-black-screen/

However, when I changed the compatibility of the shortcut for the single player exe, and checked "Run in 256 Colors", while the game was loading up, I got this error in a new window:

Low Desktop Color Depth

It is highly unlikely that a correct windowed

display can be initialized with the current

desktop display depth. Select 'OK' to try

anyway. Select 'Cancel' to try a fullscreen

mode instead. (e.g. if you have a 3Dfx Voodoo,

Voodoo-2, or Voodoo Rush 3D accelerator installed)
------------------------------------------------------------------

OK          Cancel

I couldn't find a way to post the screenshot of it, so I just put the screenshot I took of that popup window on my profile picture instead XD.

Anyway, whether I pressed OK or Cancel, the game would run fine, no more black screen! (And also for some reason not in 256 colors, yay!).

I tried this on JKA, with no success. But this has given me hope, that maybe this black screen problem can be solved. I did something similar on HALF-LIFE(the first one in Black Mesa), and the game worked again because the error changed rendering mode from OPENGL to SOFTWARE. However, Elite Force runs on the same engine as JKA, and since I got it working, I know there must be some way to get JKA working again!

I miss Makermod. I still have a ship to finish.

Nope, OpenJK didn't solve the problem.

Its the same issue. If you read my previous thread, the game loads up fine, I can hear the jka logo sound, and click and then hear the menu music, I can even open the console and type /quit or connect to a server, but I can't see a damn thing! It's not rendering for some reason. The same issue happened on elite force, but somehow I fixed it. There has got to be a way to solve this problem.