Editing existing Raven scripts

Go to solution Solved by AshuraDX,

So, I'm making this (very limited) conversion mod for JA. Problem is though, Behaved won't let me compile the Raven-released .icarus scripts into .IBI files (after having edited them). The error message that pops up is:

"The file "...scripts/yavin1/roshSpawn.icarus" is write-protected, but you don't appear to have SourceSafe set up properly on this machine, so I can't tell if the file is protected or just not checked out to you. If you really want to edit this you'll have to write-enable it yourself (which I'm deliberately not offering to do for you here <g>)"

Which would make sense, as all the base asset files like the .npc files and such are write-protected and I'd usually just have to copy-paste the contents into another .txt file and rename it to an .npc file. But how would I go about write-enabling these scripts though? I know it's possible, as I once edited a script (deleted one of Rax Joris' animations in t2_dpredicament) and compiled it into the game somehow. 

My current prefs setup in Behaved is the JKA default, and I edited the "location of IBIZE.exe," "Command Description File," and "Source Files Path" to match the paths on my computer. So the remaining three paths were dictated by the JKA default setup, and are as follows:

Script path: w:\game\base\scripts

SourceSafe script path: $/jedi/base/scripts

SourceSafe INI file location: \\Ravendata1\VSS\central_assets\srcsafe.ini

What am I doing wrong here? Are the base scripts even supposed to be tweaked/edited like this?

Thanks in advance.

Now see, this demonstrates exactly how years of meddling with counterintuitive messy text files will screw with your psychological functioning. I would never have expected it to be as simple as that. Checked it, and it worked. 

Much appreciated, kind Sir.