Target_Give Assistance

target_give uses the same code in SP as in MP.

To use it, just target it, and then target a weapon entity. Be aware, that you have to account for the weapon's respawn timer too! (This means that if the weapon still needs to regenerate, it won't give it to the player). Doesn't matter what you use to target the target_give, it's the same as any old other entity.

I found some tutorials on how it is supposed to work, and they said basically the same thing that you said, but for some reason it just makes the selected weapon not be in the map, and doesn't give you the weapon.  I tried two different ways.  The first had a trigger connected to the target_give which was connected to the weapon, and the second method was the player spawn connected to the target_give which was connected to the weapon.  Niether way worked in MP or SP.

On a side note, I noticed an entity under weapons labled as "weapon_*****".  Does anyone know what that is for?

On a side note, I noticed an entity under weapons labled as "weapon_*****".  Does anyone know what that is for?

For the common description only, since they were too lazy to copy it to each weapon. It doesn't actually exist.

I have tried several different methods, yet I am still unable to use the target_give function at all.  Does anyone have a good understanding of either the target_give entity, or the weapon entities?  Another acceptable method for what I am doing would be having the weapon not rotating in the air over that ancient triangle hologram thing  ( which does not fit the theme for most of my maps )  but instead laying flat on the ground, like the SP method.