How would I go about converting a weapon reskin into a stand alone weapon?

Go to solution Solved by MagSul,

Im workin on a darth vader hilt model I found and was wondering how I would go about redirecting the images .. I am unfamilliar with .glm files and i think thats where im having the issue.. All I can think to do is open them with notepad ++ and change the directories I can find but when I run the file after making the changes the game crashes as soon as I click the saber in the saber list..

ATM I have it Renamed Vader.sab and reskinned as saber_4.glm & .skin . This only replaces it instead of completly adding it when the mod loads..

• Solution

Open the .skin in notepad and change the directories as desired. Make sure that these directories match those in your .sab file (and your .shader, if you have one). Once you've done that, make sure the name of the folder the .skin and .glm matches the directory you've just entered into your .sab and .skin file.

E.g. models/weapons2/saber_example

When you edit the .sab file, ensure that the very first line does not match the original file. In the example below, I'd have to change "dual_5" to something else, otherwise it'd just overwrite the original.

single_9
{
name @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT9
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_9/saber_9.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 40
saberColor random
}

Lastly, rename your .glm and .skin to "saber_w", and ensure that you've done the same in your .sab and .skin. E.g.

On why this particular bits needs to be done, see this thread: http://jkhub.org/topic/1654-shader-on-a-reskinned-hilt/

single_example
{
	name		@MENUS_SINGLE_HILT9
	saberType	SABER_SINGLE
	saberModel	"models/weapons2/saber_example/saber_w.glm"
	soundOn		"sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
	soundLoop	"sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
	soundOff	"sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
	saberLength	40
	saberColor	random
}

And I think that's all of it.  :blink: