.efx Spammage

In a mapping project I'm working on, I have a few entities rigged together to randomly trigger one-shot fx_runners. Kind of like "The Fortress" (mp/ffa_bonus2) map made by Raven with the randomly falling rocks.

The problem is that after a little while one of the fx_runners seems to get stuck on.

How I have it set up is a func_timer pointing to a target_random which points to all of the fx runners.

The timer has a delay of 5, random of 3.

Each of the fx runners are set to oneshot and start_off.

What could be going wrong here? The only difference I can see between raven's set up and my own is that each of their fx runners are targetted at an info_notnull to direct the effect. Would that make a difference?

Get stuck? As in doesn't turn off anymore? No idea why that might be...

Somewhat unrelated: If you find you need to save entities, you can use a single fx_runner instead and move it via script (to hard-coded positions, obviously - a ref_tag at each location might as well just be an fx_runner). As a side effect that might help with the getting stuck, since if it does get stuck it'll be used again soon after. (Could you test if using the stuck fx_runner again fixes it?)

Well, it's all automated as the func_timer keeps repeating, then when it fires it targets a random which selects a random fx_runner to trigger. Which is supposed to fire it's effect once then the func_timer moves on. HOWEVER, after a while it seems like random fx_runners will just get stuck firing their efx.