OJPEnhanced .bat to .sh Steamdeck Launch?

Go to solution Solved by NAB622,

I'm trying to figure out how to launch OJPEnhanced through Steam on the Deck. Without loading it after the game starts which even on windows causes it to not work 100%.

I assume there is a way to convert the .bat code to .sh Unix code or some Launch arguments but I don't know how.

.bat Code; start jamp.exe +set fs_game ojpenhanced

I found a convert table but nothing for "start" or "+set"

• ImperialRemains changed the title to OJPEnhanced .bat to .sh Steamdeck Launch?

Just thinking out loud, but isn't the Deck supposed to just run custom games within Steam, and then you can set launch options for your parameters in there?

I might also be a bit confused what your setup is.

Yes for .Exe but not for .bat.

I don't know much about coding or launch parameters to begin with, I'm having trouble trying to find a way to convert that .bat command to a .sh or launch command for steam to actually load into OJPEnhanced initially.

• Solution

I  think you're supposed to launch the .exe file through Steam, then add launch parameters for your extra stuff.

See if adding +set fs_game ojpenhanced as a launch parameter in Steam does what you need.

Well my bad.. that worked.. I had tried it once but, with a Win-disc copy probably not cracked as I have ISO for win launch. so it was erroring..

that worked with my steam version.

Actually it was erroring because it seems Steam does some other parameters for launching SP/MP that makes the code not work if it's a "non-steam" game. Tested with Steam jkja install.

I was hoping to launch the mod separate from base Steam version, the copy I had separate was the Steam version afterall.

NAB622 likes this

I believe "start" just launches a program in the background, it's used so the .bat doesn't cause a command line window to stay open while the game is running. The shell equivalent is putting a & behind the command, but you probably don't need that when launching through Steam. The "+set fs_game ojpenhanced" are arguments sent to and interpreted by jamp.exe, which are the same on all operating systems.

I understand that you're trying to run Windows binaries through Steam/proton, but if you were using native linux binaries instead and not running through Steam, the equivalent shell script would look like this:

#!/bin/sh
./jamp +set fs_game ojpenhanced &

Note that linux binaries don't end in .exe, and you have to prefix them with ./ because the current directory is not part of the search path for safety reasons.

But for this you'd need a linux version of both jamp (or one of the sourceports like openjk) and OJP Enhanced. I'm not sure if OJP Enhanced provides pre-built linux binaries, or even builds on linux at all.

Since you already have it working through Steam, I wouldn't worry about it, unless you encounter bugs.

NAB622 and ImperialRemains like this

Thank you for your help and info.

Now I remember why I needed it to run as "Non Steam" game.. can't load a second instance of the game for playing on LAN server as the game is already launched still as the server.. if anyone knows how to make that happen.