A big news about Ubisoft!

Hi friends, I want to discuss here about a gaming news that makes me so afraid, I dont know how to recover from there. So I want to get some ideas or solutions about the news.

Actually I just got a news that Ubisoft will close all the inactive accounts and delete the purchased game from there. Is it true? Has anyone got this news. Here is the full detail of the news.

I am afraid because, I have a Ubisoft account and there is purchased a few games. If all the games are deleted or my account is closed. I am very worried about this info. Has anyone lost any games from Ubisoft? Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated.

Smoo likes this
8 hours ago, Providenci Krajcik said:

Hi friends, I want to discuss here about a gaming news that makes me so afraid, I dont know how to recover from there. So I want to get some ideas or solutions about the news.

Actually I just got a news that Ubisoft will close all the inactive accounts and delete the purchased game from there. Is it true? Has anyone got this news. Here is the full detail of the news.

I am afraid because, I have a Ubisoft account and there is purchased a few games. If all the games are deleted or my account is closed. I am very worried about this info. Has anyone lost any games from Ubisoft? Your valuable feedback is highly appreciated.

Do you even use your Ubisoft account often? If yes, you can relax. What Ubisoft is doing is nothing new, and it will only affect users who haven't used their accounts for years.

Providenci Krajcik likes this

Like Lancelot said, it is only for inactive accounts with no purchases, which means accounts that signed up and didn't use it (which is extremely common, we see that here on JKHub too)

Here's the official page that outlines it:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/account/article/closure-of-inactive-ubisoft-accounts/000079595

Closure of inactive Ubisoft accounts

Inactive Ubisoft accounts, with no PC purchases or active subscriptions tied to them, may be closed in order to comply with data protection laws after long periods of inactivity.

Accounts tied to an active Ubisoft subscription, or an activated PC game, no matter where it was purchased will not be eligible for deletion.

We may close long-term inactive accounts to maintain our database. You will be notified by email if we begin the process of closing your inactive account.

If your Ubisoft account was flagged as inactive and you would like to keep using it, you can cancel the account closure.

You can find the cancellation link in the Ubisoft email that was sent to the email address attached to you account. If you are unable to locate this email, please check your spam folder.

If you believe you have received an account closure email in error, please contact us.

Please note that in rare instances we may immediately close inactive accounts to comply with local data protection legislation, as part of our Terms of Use. This is only if we have strong reasons to believe that the account in question will remain unused.

So don't worry about it if you actually use your account or have used it in the past.

Providenci Krajcik likes this
1 hour ago, Circa said:

Like Lancelot said, it is only for inactive accounts with no purchases, which means accounts that signed up and didn't use it (which is extremely common, we see that here on JKHub too)

Here's the official page that outlines it:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/account/article/closure-of-inactive-ubisoft-accounts/000079595

So don't worry about it if you actually use your account or have used it in the past.

I got some confidence getting your assurance😄. Actually a few days before I opened my Ubisoft account. But now after getting the news, I am in get touch with my account almost.

Thank you. Have a great day!