Files in PK3 getting corrupted and missing

So I'm getting really frustrated with something odd that is happening lately. I'm having the jedi academy installed on an external hard drive (SSD actually) so I can easily transfer and continue my content and work on through different laptops. I have Windows 10 installed on 1 and Win 11 on another. I was finally happy to finish my mods but all of a sudden the files inside the pk3 started getting corrupt. I've noticed at first that the ui files went missing and then maps too. I'm wondering why is this happening? Has anyone else had this issue before? 😕

I'm using 7z to open these pk3 files and it never made errors before.

For numerous reasons, don't edit a PK3 directly. Use a project folder to contain your mod, and create a new PK3 when you want to test it.

Or  if you want, you can start the game with sv_pure 0 and it will also load assets directly from the base folder as well, which is great for testing mods.

I've never heard of files going missing from a PK3, but due to the nature of how ZIP files work, it is a bad idea to ever edit one. I've seen them bloat for no reason, and I've seen them take forever to do a simple edit. Never seen files go missing, but it wouldn't surprise me.