Gamorrean uses jedi taunt with vibro-axe

Go to solution Solved by Linken,

Hello everyone!

Now this really .... annoys me. I've tried everything: modifying the npc file of the gamorrean in many ways - adding class, rank, saberstyle.... nothing works. Also tried the weapon and saber files, but no luck. What really annoys me that the Gamorrean uses jedi taunt (like saber spin in hand) with vibro-axe, which makes it illogical since he has no force powers. I also tried altering the weapon using the tusken gafi stick, but the animation looks messed up. Also tried adding    gloatAnim    BOTH_SHOWOFF_STAFF and  tauntAnim    BOTH_STAFF_TAUNT ..... Noooothing changes! The player uses new anims, but the npc doesn't! 😑🔫

What I've noticed that the NPC reborn_staff has this same issue (not sure if on purpose) with the taunt, but reborn_staff2 has his normal staff like taunt animations. Can somebody explain this why it's happening?

shot0002.jpg

shot0003.jpg

23 hours ago, RobiWanKen0bi said:

Hello everyone!

Now this really .... annoys me. I've tried everything: modifying the npc file of the gamorrean in many ways - adding class, rank, saberstyle.... nothing works. Also tried the weapon and saber files, but no luck. What really annoys me that the Gamorrean uses jedi taunt (like saber spin in hand) with vibro-axe, which makes it illogical since he has no force powers. I also tried altering the weapon using the tusken gafi stick, but the animation looks messed up. Also tried adding    gloatAnim    BOTH_SHOWOFF_STAFF and  tauntAnim    BOTH_STAFF_TAUNT ..... Noooothing changes! The player uses new anims, but the npc doesn't! 😑🔫

What I've noticed that the NPC reborn_staff has this same issue (not sure if on purpose) with the taunt, but reborn_staff2 has his normal staff like taunt animations. Can somebody explain this why it's happening?

shot0002.jpg

http://essaypapers.reviews/shot0003.jpg

I have the same problem((

• Solution

@RobiWanKen0bi

I checked the source code and long story short, the animation, BOTH_GESTURE1, is hardcoded for npcs using a single saber. If they're using dual sabers, a staff, or CLASS_ALORA, then the animation is different.

image.png.c63ba330c9d7968b5c015e2abc11919e.png

Basically the highlighted code reads:

"If the npc is taunting, then do something. If the NPC is on the NPC class CLASS_ALORA, play her special taunting animation. If using dual lightsabers, play that animation. If using a staff OR using the staff stance, then play that taunt animation. Otherwise, play BOTH_GESTURE1 if that animation exists in my humanoid file."

Looks like there was another instance where the npc would play an idle animation, but that was commented out so it'll never happen. I suppose in cases where an NPC is using a single lightsaber but doesn't have the BOTH_GESTURE1 animation.

For the player, there is some variation allowed as you may know with the "taunt" command.

image.png.83a834ab3f4f86ed741ef7352d2a5f3d.png

This one basically reads if not using a saber, do the BOTH_ENGAGETAUNT animation (the animation that plays when you challenge a player to a duel in multiplayer). If using a saber, check if the .sab file has a tauntAnim then play that. Otherwise, depending on what saber style the player is using, play a different animation. So Fast/Tavion both get the twirling the saber with the force. All other single blade stances get BOTH_ENGAGETAUNT. Then dual and staff all get their own too.

So long story short, if you want the Gamorrean to not use the force while taunting, you'll need to set the saber to be a saber staff, change the idle animation to whatever you want and that should work.

Circa and RobiWanKen0bi like this

Okay so I have a workaround. The saber file is set to staff, but the important part is the Gamorrean npc file. You need to set class and saberstyle (and probably rank too). At the moment I've set class to  jedi and rank lt to use normal taunt and saberstyle 7 like in the picture. I'm sure there are other solutions, but this will suffice for now.

Thank you Linken for the help! 😄

shot0003.jpg

11 hours ago, RobiWanKen0bi said:

Okay so I have a workaround. The saber file is set to staff, but the important part is the Gamorrean npc file. You need to set class and saberstyle (and probably rank too). At the moment I've set class to  jedi and rank lt to use normal taunt and saberstyle 7 like in the picture. I'm sure there are other solutions, but this will suffice for now.

Thank you Linken for the help! 😄

shot0003.jpg

Simply for the fact he's using the staff style is what's fixing it for you.  But I'm happy I was able to help! Now I must implement a fix for Galactic Legacy! 

RobiWanKen0bi likes this