My model has too many faces?

So my model allegedly has 18 million triangles on a single surface, which I can demonstrate with the wire frame is not true. What could be causing this error? I'll keep looking into it, but I cannot find the issue anywhere. I'm willing to send the model if need be.

image.png.7b613e3630c2bb9a7afd38b1bb06ef40.png

image.png.6ce105e5b9a7b0329436f3162e5f4f07.png

image.png.4764537c67e7766b7ceb3bb0cf2f4733.png

That's 1.8 billion, not 18 million.

With that out of the way, it looks like the exporter crashed halfway through exporting the model (hence the error message), and now the game can't load the half-written file. Based on just that error message, I can't tell exactly what's wrong with the model, but some number appears to be too large. Please share the .blend file so I can reproduce this locally.

bigphil2695 likes this
4 minutes ago, mrwonko said:

That's 1.8 billion, not 18 million.

With that out of the way, it looks like the exporter crashed halfway through exporting the model (hence the error message), and now the game can't load the half-written file. Based on just that error message, I can't tell exactly what's wrong with the model, but some number appears to be too large. Please share the .blend file so I can reproduce this locally.

Thanks, it's probably something to do with the Bandana or tail since it exports just fine without those

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40fy8s6u7ixpzo6/gohanchild.blend?dl=0

I'll say, the model's not quite done yet, I just wanted to see what he'd look like with the tail in game. There's more to do if you're looking at this and thinking it sucks lol

You must be using an outdated version of the exporter, I get the following error:

Objects "*hip_bl_0" and "*hip_bl_0.001" share G2 name "*hip_bl"

Furthermore:

Objects "*hip_bl_0.002" and "*hip_bl_0" share G2 name "*hip_bl"

After I fix those two issues, in-game I get the much more reasonable error

model.glm has more than 1000 verts on a surface (1442)

Though it sadly does not tell us which surface.

Grab the latest version at https://github.com/mrwonko/Blender-Jedi-Academy-Tools/releases/tag/nightly and see if that gives you clearer error messages. Let me know if anything is unclear.

10 hours ago, mrwonko said:

You must be using an outdated version of the exporter, I get the following error:

Furthermore:

After I fix those two issues, in-game I get the much more reasonable error

Though it sadly does not tell us which surface.

Grab the latest version at https://github.com/mrwonko/Blender-Jedi-Academy-Tools/releases/tag/nightly and see if that gives you clearer error messages. Let me know if anything is unclear.

So after some experimenting on my own I think it's the head with too many faces. I'll try the new exporter and see what I can do. Thank you!