Enlarged Models in Blender 3.0

Hi there.  I'm trying to frankenstein two of the base JKA models in Blender 3.0.  Whenever I try to attach an object from one model to another, that object suddenly grows in size and scale (i.e. it looks like it belongs to an enlarged copy of the model that I've sometimes seen develop on its own when I manipulate an object in Blender 3.0).  The enlarged part shows up as part of the in-game model, so the transfer itself is going correctly, but the object just suddenly thinks that it belongs to that larger model.  I've looked at the scale, rotation and location information for the transferred object and the normal model and they're identical, so that isn't the issue.  Any idea what's going on?  TIA

There's a scale setting during import which defaults to 10x because Blender's units are much larger than Jedi Academy's. The size gets applied at the top of the hierarchy and is implicitly inherited downwards. When you detach an object from the hierarchy, it no longer receives the 10x smaller scale adjustment.

As long as both models are imported with the same scale factor, you should be able to move objects between them. As a fallback, you can import the models with 1x scale.