riderAnim not working?

Having serious troubles with the riderAnim code used for vehicles, if my walker is set to a VH_WALKER class the riderAnim line in the .veh file does not work at all. I tried a work around by setting the AT-RT up as if it were a mount like the tauntaun but even though the riderAnim was set to BOTH_VS_IDLE (swoop rider animation) it used the BOTH_VT_IDLE instead. Does the vehicle/npc class control the riderAnim function? People who may be able to look at the code help plz???

EDIT: After some googling I found that the riderAnim line in the veh file does nothing, seems that the vehicles class controls what rider animation is used. The numHands also does nothing either, I have it set to 2 and it still lets me whip out a lightsaber or blaster rifle while riding the AT-RT.

even though the riderAnim was set to BOTH_VS_IDLE (swoop rider animation) it used the BOTH_VT_IDLE instead.

It appears that it is coded so it uses the VT_IDLE anim instead of the VS_IDLE anim.

if (Anim != -1)
{ //override it
if (pVeh->m_pVehicleInfo->type == VH_ANIMAL)
{ //agh.. remap anims for the tauntaun
switch (Anim)
{
case BOTH_VS_IDLE:
if (veh->playerState && veh->playerState->speed > 0)
{
if (veh->playerState->speed > pVeh->m_pVehicleInfo->speedMax)
{ //turbo
Anim = BOTH_VT_TURBO;
}
else
{
Anim = BOTH_VT_RUN_FWD;
}
}
else
{
Anim = BOTH_VT_IDLE;
}

As for the riderAnim line not working, I'll try to take a look at it, but I may not be that big of a help as I don't have much knowledge about vehicles/animations.

Thanks for even considering it, what I really need is for it to work for the VH_WALKER class, no animation is used for that class for some reason so the player just floats above the seat in the jump animation.

I did overwrite the BOTH_VT_IDLE with the frames from the BOTH_VS_IDLE via the animation.cfg file but the swoop animation doesn't fit at all so it looks like I'll be making my own but I'd like to be able to choose my rider animation rather than overwrite the BOTH_VT_IDLE so that someone can use the tauntaun and the at-rt at the same time without the one not having a fitting animation.

if (Anim != -1)
{ //override it

What does that (Anim !=-1) mean? Maybe there's something I can add to my .veh file so that it will let me use whatever animation I want? It's dumb that anyone can change a saber stance via a line in the .sab file to call an animation but I can't do it for my vehicle.

Can you find anything about the VH_WALKER class and if it is possible to use ANY animation even a coded one with that class? That class would work best if the character wasn't in the jump pose floating above the vehicle.