Converting a map from MP to SP?

OCD2

I've been working on a map as a multiplayer project.     

I have intentions/hopes of making the map into a Single Player experience after completing the Multiplayer version.

My question is:    When im ready to start working on the map as a Single player experience, can I simply open the map in the editor, and change it from Multiplayer project to SinglePlayer project and start building/editing?

Or is it not that simple?  

DarthValeria likes this

Switching the editor's mode will give you access to the singleplayer-specific entities, but won't delete existing multiplayer entities like team-specific spawnpoints etc. You may have to manually remove those.

Keep in mind though that a singleplayer map has different design considerations from a multiplayer one. Multiplayer maps usually loop back on themselves, avoiding dead ends, while singleplayer maps are often linear with a start and an end. A map built for one may not work well for the other. But it can certainly work, maybe with some small changes here and there.

8 hours ago, mrwonko said:

Switching the editor's mode will give you access to the singleplayer-specific entities, but won't delete existing multiplayer entities like team-specific spawnpoints etc. You may have to manually remove those.

Keep in mind though that a singleplayer map has different design considerations from a multiplayer one. Multiplayer maps usually loop back on themselves, avoiding dead ends, while singleplayer maps are often linear with a start and an end. A map built for one may not work well for the other. But it can certainly work, maybe with some small changes here and there.

Thank you for the information!

I think I should be able to repurpose my creations into single player with (hopefully) minor adjustments - and significant work with entities, scripting, "cutscenes", etc and all the work it would entail.

My creations are going to be based off the Mandalorian show.   My tentative plan is to make scenes from the show playable as Multiplayer maps,  and then afterwards if time and energy allows,  convert them into single player experiences that recreate the episode(s).   

It's a far out plan, but it's good to know it's a possibility.