Why Force protect would have to protect from Force lightning

We know that in Jedi Academy Force protect protects against physical attacks, such as blaster shots and lightsabers attacks but does not protect against Force attacks like Force lightning. But for me this is a mistake, because if someone wears an armor, it is normal that Force lightning does less damage than if he / she does not wear clothes, but then the lightning is physical and Force protect acts as armor, only temporary. The difference between Force lightning and a lightning of a storm is just how they originate but their effects are the same. Force absorb would have to be reserved for Force attacks that are not imitations of physical attacks, that is, telekinesis, because it does not matter if you wear armor. What is your opinion?

I don't think it makes a difference if you're wearing armor or not when you get electrocuted. Still, I never really liked the concept of force absorb or force protect.

But that has to make a difference, because the armor can be insulating from electricity and the Force lightning is electricity but originated by pure will.

Well, if the armor is insulated, then it should (in theory) protect against lightning, force or no force. But I haven't seen any insulated armor in star wars.
It is easy to overlook the fact that while star wars revolves around force users, their number on a galactic scale is actually very small, and if you consider how few of them actually can produce lightning bolts, it's even less relevant to have insulated armor (armor, not workman's coveralls).
You bring up a good point, there does seem to be some kind of double standard as to what counts as force energy (lightning, drain, grip) and not force energy (blasters, telekinetically pushed objects, etc.), but since star wars is basically medieval fantasy in space, it kinda makes sense - a magic energy shield can protect against spells, but not against arrows. But come to think of it, it does indeed not transition well into the space age (I.e. energy weapons).

And you know, when in doubt, blame it on magic (and midichlorians). :ph34r:

Mizore likes this

It's not physical if it's the force, though.

But the Force has physical effects, or is it that frying someone is not physical? Compare Force lighning with telekinesis: the first follows a trajectory and can be blocked like any projectile. In contrast, telekinesis (not as a blow of the air) is a force that immediately affects the target, without mediations, so that it can only be nullified, not dodged or blocked (Force absorb). But maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

Also this. Palpatine seemed to be able to produce blue fire that didn't burn in Rebels, so who knows what attributes the force has. 

Well, one can say that even regular yellow/ orange fire won't burn if your burn it properly. Kinda like this:

https://youtu.be/0fT3TAhR5Og

Also, in Harry Potter there was mention of Hermoine making floating blue/ green fires that didn't burn your hand on touch, so yeah, magicand midichlorians

Force Protect actually should defend against Force Lightning as it is still electricity, unless the attacker is skilled enough in Force Lightning to damage the defender despite his/her defenses.

I agree. Also Force protect does not cancel all damage, only minimizes it, so some damage you would suffer by lightning.