Can a jedi become a psychiatrist?

In episode 2 Attack of the Clone, Obi-wan used jedi mind trick to a merchant selling a drug(narcotics) to change his mind in the bar.

I don't know what happened to him but I assume that he restarted his life and got a good job. Maybe a few jedis used this skill to revise social misfits' minds for their lifes. But for their point of view, those chances to be changed their mind is uncommon.

Are there a few jedis using mind trick to purify mental patients?

Can a jedi be a psychiatrist?

Noodle likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Seeing as @@Kualan made one a sort of psychiatrist, I'd say that it's possible.

Hey, nice to see a Tales shout-out!  :D

To address OP's point, I would say Jedi are encouraged to use their powers as a form of therapy to help those in need. I don't know that they would agree with the morality of using mind tricks to achieve these aims though - they are effectively "tricking" the patient into believing they are well instead of helping them reach that place of healing of their own volition.

Gorc likes this

Brainwashing someone is one thing, 'fixing' someone's brain is another. I suppose it's possible, but examples in canon, old and new, are scarce.

As to the deathstix-dealer, I don't think he succeeded in starting a new leaf. It just doesn't work that way in the criminal world, unless, of course, the bosses are like:

"Hey, what do we do to that chump-dealer who decided to start a new leaf?"
"The same as with all the others, what else?"

"But this guy's different. It's like he's been brainwashed or something..."

"Those Jedi poodoo's! Alright, alright, let 'im go." :P