Star Wars Battle Simulator (NPC battle mod)

You guys know all those different battle simulator type indie games popping up within the past year or two? Wouldn't be awesome if there was some sort of mod for Jedi Academy that sets it up like one of these? JK3 has been presented in other forms in the past, like a fighting game so this could technically be possible I think. For those who aren't sure what I mean I could post some videos of some of these types of games.

(look, lightsabers! lol)

Basically how I imagine it is this... you're flying around in like an editor mode and basically have a menu with all the different types of NPCs (custom NPCs addable too) and you place them on different areas of the battle area/map. Once ready, you begin the combat and you get to watch everyone fight eachother! Even better, being able to jump into the battle yourself. I was thinking this could be based on SP instead of MP, so it would be based on NPCs and not bots. Now... maybe we wont be able to do 1000s of NPCs cause I doubt the game could handle that haha. But maybe at least.... 100 or so? I dunno, but anyways that's my idea I had in mind so there ya go haha! Maybe someone will love this idea, who knows!

Jeff and the_raven like this

My gods, the guy in the last video has an annoying voice! :angry::

As to the topic, personally, I never understood the point of these battle simulator games. I mean, if you want to play model soldiers - like those green ones we all (most of us?) had as children - it can be fun, especially when you have different open-air maps like town, castle, factory, ship, etc., with platforms and levels of different heights, but most of these simulators only offer one plain map with the occasional trees and boulders littered about, and the A.I.'s are generally pretty weak too. I just can't see the point. :(

Still, I suppose a proper Star Wars battle simulator could work (for ground battles at least). Methinks that since someone could make a classic fighting game in JKA (Jedi Fighter), something like this should be quite possible. Way I see it, it could be a custom game .exe with its own menu; maybe take the spectator mode from MP, and add some spawning menu from one of those other mods (sorry, can't remember what mods had them), and add a 'start\ stop' and 'victory\ defeat' commands and\ or triggers. Maybe even have the possibility to switch between npc and bot A.I.'s.

Yeah, technically, if one has the programming knowledge, if should be fairly easy to make. All one really needs is motivation. -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm sure such a thing is very possible... but only if someone has the patience/time to do so. I have neither unfortunately, lol! But figured it wouldn't hurt to throw ideas around, never know who may stumble across this thread and take interest one day! ;)

That being said, let me share one more video that inspired this idea the most! (and very funny too, lol)