About This File
A simple mod that adds 3 crossguard sabers, 2 backhand sabers, and 2 saber pikes, using parts from saber hilts that were already in the game, hence "Converted Sabers." Usable in both singleplayer and multiplayer. This also adds 3 new Reborn bots that use these sabers.
You can also change sabers in-game using cheats. While cheats are enabled, type "saber (name)", replacing (name) with any of the saber names listed below.
Here are the names of the sabers:
cross_1 - Made from Adjudicator (single_7)
cross_2 - Made from Firebrand (single_9)
cross_3 - Made from Avenger (dual_2) and Champion (dual_4)
back_1 - Made from Retaliator (single_2)
back_2 - Made from Arbiter (single_1)
pike_1 - Made from Adept (single_4)
pike_2 - Made from Praetor (single_5)
Some sounds were taken from Jedi Academy and re-edited to create new sounds. This version also only includes some sounds from some of the films.
Details about the pk3 files:
- zzzConvertedSabersExpansion-j.pk3 - Contains everything needed for the mod to work. Weapon models, saber files, sounds, and saber names for menus.
- zzzConvertedSabersExp-customNPCs.pk3 - Optional. Contains custom NPCs that you can spawn with cheats: reborn_knight = Reborn with crossguard saber; reborn_assassin = Reborn with backhand saber; reborn_lancer = Reborn with saber pike.
- zzzConvertedSabersExp-enemysaberreplaced-cross.pk3 - Optional. Replaces some enemy sabers in Singleplayer with crossguard sabers. Single saber-wielding New Reborns, dual-wielding Reborn Masters, and Dark Rosh are affected and will use these.
- zzzConvertedSabersExp-enemysaberreplaced-backhand.pk3 - Optional. Same as above, except with backhand sabers.
- zzzConvertedSabersExp-enemysaberreplaced-pike.pk3 - Optional. Same as above, except with saber pikes.
- zzzConvertedSabersExp-enemysaberreplaced-ALL.pk3 - Optional. Replaces all generic enemy sabers in Singleplayer with crossguard sabers, backhand sabers, and saber pikes. All Cultists, all Reborns, and Dark Rosh except staff wielders are affected.
LucasArts for creating the sounds.
Raven Software for creating the models and textures used to create these sabers.
-HOW TO INSTALL-
Extract the zip file, then put zzzConvertedSabersExpansion.pk3 into your base folder: "Star Wars Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy/Gamedata/base"
The other files are optional, as they only affect NPCs.
Sometimes, if your character cannot move while saber(s) are on, the game is confused about whether you're using saber staff or dual sabers. This can be fixed by restarting the game and reloading the level.
There is a rare chance that the map kor2 may not load every 2nd time, especially with the crossguard saber replacement mod. Press ESC to exit the loading screen and reload the level.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.