What is ModView?
ModView is a tool to view models used by Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy. It was originally created by Raven Software and now being improved by the OpenJK developers.
ModView currently supports only .glm model format.
The original ModView runs only on Windows. This ModView currently runs on Windows and Mac with some functionality disabled. Going forward, ModView will see more functionality restored, and changes to improve usability and to aid the process of getting models into JK2/JKA.
If you are able to run the original ModView on Windows without problems, I recommend people to continue using ithe original if you don't want any reduced functionality.
How to use
- Extract all the files to a folder of your choosing.
- Run ModView.exe (Windows) or Modview.app (Mac)
- Currently, some of the ModView features are missing as changes are made to add Linux and Mac support. These features will be added back in the future, along with improvements!
- Attached models don't show up in the control on the left side of the window.
- No way of adjusting the floor position
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.