About This File
NOTE: The screenshots are a tad off. My printscreen functionality wasn't working so I had to take some of the pictures using the console, and for my code build I have debug mode on so normally the "LOADING: blablabla" text won't appear on the level loading screen.
I strongly recommend using this mod with OpenJK or it won't work very well. I included instructions in the readme for installing OpenJK if you're not sure how to do it. PLEASE read the readme and and read and follow all the instructions in it. There's a couple little things you need to do besides using OpenJK to get the mod working.
Aye, this was a good bit of work. I would expect some more mods soon, but I'm still pretty lazy, so I'm not making any promises.
What this mod does:
- Adds some new options to the Setup menu. In Video 2 there is a button now called "More Options" where you can set the intensity of the Dynamic Glow effect to be less strong (High is the normal default setting) and set the Force Push / Pull refraction effect. There is also a "Very High" option for sound quality in the Sound menu.
- Adds more options to the Controls menu. There are some new commands you can use in Interaction, and Weapons. Some of them you have to bind manually. Others like the inventory buttons (in the Interaction menu) work the normal way. In the "Other" section you have the option to change some things about the camera, and to use a special camera mode (using the command vstr camera) that changes between 1st person, 2nd person, 3rd person, and a far-away version of 3rd person. It is a bit sensitive and buggy though because it's not hardcoded. You also have some other options added too.
- the custom commands include holstering (you can also do this by default by pressing the "=" key, however my command vstr holster also adds melee / fisticuffs to your inventory if you don't have it), vstr meleekata (a melee kata that is a bit harder to pull off than the normal version, it's still kind of cheating though if you use it), and vstr block1 (a manual blocking move, it's kind of slow though)
- Adds an Inventory Select menu and changes the Weapon Select menu for SP missions. (Note: if you don't want this, delete the ingameforceselect, ingameweaponselect, and ingameinvselect .menu files from the ui/ folder in the pk3 file) Now you can only take 1 extra weapon with you but you can take two sets of inventory items and you also get the Electrobinoculars from JK2 for every mission. The inventory menu is a little sensitive though so be careful with it. You have to use the Clear / Reset button to unselect items.
- Music is added to the Main Menu. It cycles between two different songs changing each time you load up the game. Read the readme file for instructions on how to change the music used.
- Tips are added to the loading screen for levels. You'll see different tips at the bottom of the screen giving you some hints on how to play Single Player. Some tips are about things that aren't hard to figure out, but several of them are little secrets and tricks I've learned from playing and hacking SP for a while. There are 17 different tips in total. I had to remove the force power icons in the loading screens to make room for the tips however.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.