< NT > XII Client
created by NTxC (reality~)
This clientside works best with servers that have the < NT > XII Server Mod installed, but should also work with servers without it.
Navigate to your jk2/GameData/ directory (jk2 is where you installed the game). Copy the ntxii folder from this package to the GameData directory so that in the end the path looks like this: jk2/GameData/ntxii/
Inside that folder you should have the ntxii.pk3 file, which is the actual clientside containing all the data needed to use it.
That's it. You can now go to a server and play with the newly installed clientside or you can always load it manually by entering the Main Menu and going to Setup -> Mods -> pick "ntxii" from the list -> Load Mod.
After first-time use on a server, a customhud.cfg file will be generated in the ntxii directory. Review it. You can use it in combination with nt_customHUD 1 to customize your HUD to a great extent, as you are now presented with the ability to move the HUD elements on your screen.
WARNING: customhud.cfg isn't updated by the game, so you have to manually update and save it!
CAN'T FIND DEMOS/SCREENSHOTS/CONFIGS?
Watch out for the evil tactic of Windows which sometimes results in your game-generated data like demos, screenshots landing NOT in your jk2/GameData/ntxii/ folder as they normally should, but in: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\. That's where you will find the JK2-generated user data. A solution to counter this Windows behavior is to always run JK2MP.EXE with a right-click -> Run as administrator. You can also disable UAC (User Account Control).
if you can't set r_gamma to your likes, and/or you get a "SetDeviceGammaRamp failed." error, then right-click JK2MP.EXE, select Properties, change to the "Compatibility" tab and select Windows XP SP3 compatibility. Press OK and the gamma bug will then be fixed.
- Crash fixes
- Built-in JK2 minimizer (default: CTRL+Z and CTRL+SHIFT+Z, use cvars/settings menu to customize)
- New gametypes (Double Domination, Hold the Point)
- Random Model feature
- Ignore feature
- Integration with NT's Fix functions, such as admin commands
- Ultra-fast HTTP pk3-downloading system
- Ingame serverlist (made by Nerevar)
- Optional mouse movement smoothing
- Enabled console and key input during demo playback
- Support for JK2 DeFraG
- Accel-Meter which will help you strafe properly
- Visual support for Client Zero serverside bugfix
- Removal of the cg_fov 97 limit
- Instant import of the old NT XI config file
- Demos: you can now change the RECORDING caption into a little *REC caption or disable it completely
- 52 new color codes for you to use freely! (use /colorguide)
- custom HUD
The clientside supports Windows XP SP2+, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Copyright © NTxC 2011-2014
Visit the home page:
http://jk2nt.cba.pl/ (now defunct)
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION,
RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
Accel-Meter code provided by Dzikie Weze
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.