Player Side Tracker for various JA Modifications (liven up and improve flow of every game.)

I have been thinking that the purpose of every SW game is pretty much the same score, score, score (taunt spam).

Battlefront given that it is horrible game making it very hard to compare to a title such as JA it has but one, insignificant side I am paying some additional attention lately.

Player activity tracker showing these important as dust numbers double kill blah +300xp, headhost great turn off that aimbot +150xp wow your level increased just naother 2 years of grinding and you will be good. We miss that in Movie Battles. Nothing is motivating me to follow the objectives and so we are having tours of generator, making human ladders... going solo dying solo then shouting out of spectators.

Even if it was player sided (I am sane enough not to expect tracking statistics out of all servers) it would give me the feeling of actually having something else out of following objectives, assists, eliminating enemies. I am not thinking of entireky ripping EA of their work (they hardly do that we must show some respect too NO).

Along with scores in that tracker we could unlock alt keyboard symbols, some ui options whatever just so there is a thing to do... VOICE COMMANDS! I am aware it can be altered, but if you do it it gets boring so I do not care about such people one bit - their choice.

Is it possible to track all on server activities with player sided plugin killing with melee - in the console it is just a kill like anything else you can not tell the difference unless you see it yourself.

I think Developers have debug option it is showing the specific weapon that hits the target the amount of damage and everything else. Access to that is most likely restricted. But I like the idea very much, the idea of having a track of myself and just for myself. After giving a careful consideration to cross server leaderboard it should not promote K/D ratio, but statistics like assists no less. This is but like an addon for that. We would get to see our statistic on the start screen in case of Movie Battles near achievements.

And it should fit the ui of the game pure white half of the size of regular text. It believe it would require creating an additional zonr for that echo shows in left top corner we also have some other messages but they are near the chat. Middle of the screen is a poor idea too.

It could be sweet with some consideration and love.

Jeff likes this

At-least in the case of JA++, this is the sort of thing that can be done in a JPLua plugin. There's already a killtracker plugin done this way (With pop-up notifications of your progress etc)

For something mod-agnostic, you'd want to go with something similar to qmm.

I have a (WIP) mod proxy that supports both the OJK module API and legacy API. The next step is to write a proxy mod that either implements these features, or better yet one that exposes a scriptable environment. Unfortunately there isn't too much information available to proxy mods, but that's the price for something that's mod-agnostic.

TL;DR: There are no existing solutions that work across different mods because technical reasons and a fair amount of effort