Is it weird to lose interest in the series?

I have to say, there are reasons I'd think of giving it up. For instance: to me it's been implied throughout the saga that the Rebellion was more tolerant of non-humans than the Empire. Well and good, but look at the films. All of the main protagonists are human.

Though I've yet to finish KotOR I'm intrigued by the Star Forge. I wonder, "What would the Republic do with it?" But naturally, so long as the majority of movie-goers are invested in the Rebellion-vs.-Empire arc, it's highly unlikely we'll hear more on this topic.

Is anyone else nonplussed by Phasma? It seems like the Powers that Be decided, "We need a female stormtrooper!" and so, here she is. She's the opposite of the emotional woman, seeming to feel nothing but hatred for Finn, but hey, we have a female stormtrooper! 

the_raven likes this

I have to say, there are reasons I'd think of giving it up. For instance: to me it's been implied throughout the saga that the Rebellion was more tolerant of non-humans than the Empire. Well and good, but look at the films. All of the main protagonists are human.

Though I've yet to finish KotOR I'm intrigued by the Star Forge. I wonder, "What would the Republic do with it?" But naturally, so long as the majority of movie-goers are invested in the Rebellion-vs.-Empire arc, it's highly unlikely we'll hear more on this topic.

Is anyone else nonplussed by Phasma? It seems like the Powers that Be decided, "We need a female stormtrooper!" and so, here she is. She's the opposite of the emotional woman, seeming to feel nothing but hatred for Finn, but hey, we have a female stormtrooper!

Well, there's Chewie, Admiral Akbar and his posse, that Sullustan co-pilot to Lando, the Bothans... plus the alien characters from Rebels and Rogue One. But i see your point. Well, considering SW history, it't understandable why ep4 didn't have many aliens. Ep5 didn't feature much of the Rebellion (save for Hoth and the ending scene), and ep6 is the main culprit, but it featured the Sullustan, the Mon Calamari, the Ewoks, and mentions the Bothans, so it _kind of_ balances out?

Not sure how the Star Forge plays into this, but i don't think they'd have done much with it.

They were gonna destroy it anyway, and even if they didn't, the Jedi would probably protest against using it since it subsides on solar matter and living individuals. One is environmentally hazardous, the other is morally wrong, so to speak. The Republic had humanitarian laws that would have probably conflicted with using the Star Forge to its full extent even against the Sith or the Yuuzhan Vong

As to Phasma, i never much cared for the character. Yeah, sure, a female stormtrooper, this was long in the coming, so this wasn't a big surprise for fans (except that Lucasfilms finally did it), but the whole idea of stormtroopers is depersonalization: same armor, same gear, voice modulators, no skin shown; no matter who or what you are under the armor, all people are gonna see is a stormtrooper, of which there are billions. Why they needed to accent Phasma's womanhood? Because fucking Disney. They even gave her personalized chrome armour, a cape, and altered the voice modulator so she sounds like a woman. I'm a bit upset (and suprised on the other hand) they didn't make her armour more womanly. Also, it feels like a waste to just have her killed after a total of some 10 minutes in two movies and supposedly establishing her as an important character. Even the Emperor,who appeared for some 20 minutes had a larger impact in every sense. And yes, Phasma is a flat character.

If i were you, i'd just ignore the new trilogy and everything associated with it.

You'll have better sleep at night, trust me!

Droidy365 and GamerRedNeck like this