Spherical Panorama

Due to time constraints I am once again turning to jedi academy to create some panorama's I need for a VR project.

I have tried the method of taking different screenshots while adjusting the horz angle of the camera and then stitching them together using the Photmerge option in photoshop which gave me some results

Worst:

ClAkUOL.jpg

Best thus far:

nruZQzF.jpg

The last one works somewhat decent in Holobuilder but I want to know if there's a way to somehow automate this or get better results

This is a perfect spherical panorama (the one I need):

02-VikingVillage_thumb-1024x512.jpg

Can anyone here help me?

Regards,

Dvg94

Smoo likes this

First of all: Hi, been a while since I've seen you around :D

Let's have a look at those pictures.

I see that you kept the weapon visible in your first attempts.

There is a command to hide it, I think it's called cg_drawgun or similiar, look it up.

Next I'd recommend you use the "drop camera" option from therfiles CamSP to take those screenshots. That will give you a stationary camera that you can turn by moving sliders.

You should also increase the fov to 90° and take 10 shots in total: Top, Bottom, front and then ccw or cw in 45° increments. That will give you a lot of overlapping that you can use to correct things later during stitching.

Good Luck!

EDIT: I think I may try this too and get me some Substance Painter Environments straight outta JKA :D

EDIT2: I also moved your thread to a more appropiate subforum. Spherical panoramas don't really belong under JKHub Ideas and Issues ;)

Bek likes this

@@dvg94 I messed around with this a bit and found that it's a pain to stitch these images in photoshop.

I'd recommend you use Hugin, a freeware designed to stich images into panoramas that is very easy to use.

Anyway, here's what I got out of it, after a few hours of messing with stuff:

Bek and Smoo like this

Hi there @@AshuraDX

That's awesome I have been pulling my hair out all day (great way to spend your one day off I tell you).

Didi you still only use 10 screenshots?

I used 14 2048x2048 screenshots (around in 30° increments and Up/down) for this result.

I'll pm you my .cfg that takes the screenshots for you, it requires CamSP because I'm borrowing one of @@therfiles scripts to hide the player. When I get his greenlight to release it publicly I'll post a tutorial along with the cfg.

Smoo and therfiles like this