Unable To Load Jo Or Ja Multiplayer On Linux Port

I have all the assets from the original games because I bought the CDs way back in the day (came in the special edition metal case with the lightsaber keychain thing... but I digress).

I've been playing under WINE since I got the games and recently with a change in employment, work hours, and school hours, my daughter asked me to get the Linux version running for her.

The Single player builds I compiled from scratch from GIT work fine, but I couldn't find a multi-player for Outcast and the Academy build doesn't even run - I keep getting SEGFAULTs when I try to run ./jampgamex86_64.so.

The documentation for OpenJK's JAMP is practically non-existent, and there isn't any other info supplied in the terminal when it crashes - just "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" - so what do I need to do to get multiplayer working for these two games? I don't want to have to run under WINE any more and I don't want to buy again on Steam when I already paid for the CDs years ago. Solutions, ideas, or advice?

My system:

Linux Mint using x86_64 Kernel 4.11.4-041104-lowlatency #201706071003 SMP PREEMPT

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (x4)

Radeon HD 6670 GPU, 2 GB VRAM

6 GB DDR2 System RAM

Roughly 30 GB free disk space on /home

No mods

Running OpenJK commit 18324ba

** Edit: I ran it again with strace, and I didn't give me much more, but here we are:

seann@@Black-beast:~/src/clean_build $ strace -ttt ./jampgamex86_64.so

1499889544.710422 execve("./jampgamex86_64.so", ["./jampgamex86_64.so"], [/* 73 vars */]) = 0
1499889544.710709 --- SIGSEGV {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SEGV_MAPERR, si_addr=0x1} ---
1499889544.954746 +++ killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped) +++
Segmentation fault (core dumped)