Duelling NPCs

While in the process of populating Yavin IV with NPCs, I came across this conundrum: They'll quite cheerfully slash at one another until they're at a great distance or the pillar obstructs their vision of one another. I added //(BHVD) set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_LOOK_FOR_ENEMIES", "true" ); and that seems to have overcome the distance issue, but not the line of sight one. I assume this is something that waypoints help with.

Does anyone happen to have any advice on how this works?

bFxPJ1q.jpg

EDIT: Any recommendations on how to keep them quiet would be good too. They already have...

//(BHVD) set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_NO_COMBAT_TALK", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );

//(BHVD) set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_IGNOREPAIN", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );
//(BHVD) set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_NO_ALERT_TALK", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );

They don't complain when they wallop each other, but there's only so many times you can hear the words "Let the Force flow through you!" 

Yes, you'll need waypoints for NPCs to know how to reach their target, and you should always have them so enemies can reach the player. Generally just putting some waypoint entities down within line of sight of each other is enough, you can use the "nav show all" cheat to see if they got connected properly.

That's awesome to know! Are there any tutorials on how to set them up properly? I didn't see any after doing a quick search (I only saw bot routing tutorials.) Do you just have to put them within a close enough proximity to one another, or Ctrl + K them? Presumably they all have to be connected to one another as you say, but what's the proper way to implement that? A do and don't list would be great. I've de-compiled a base single player map to use as a reference, but I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything properly.