Is this animation glitch normal in JKA?

I haven't played very much JKA, but instantly noticed something very annoying this time, not sure if this happens for everyone. The animation glitch/jump as he transitions into a swing, and overall animations look very choppy in the 'seams', when going between the start, middle and end of the attack sequences.

JKA gif with JK2 comparison: https://jkhub.org/albums/4wyLJ

If this is a regular thing, have any clientside mods fixed this to your knowledge?

(Happens with baseJKA and OpenJK)

When you are walking in JA with a lightsabre any direction but backward, the player model holds the lightsabre in from of themself.

In JKII - on the right bottom side.

So the animation "jumps" in JA case since the swing starts from not a "good" position, when JKII case has it is close to the swing start.

Yep, a bit glitchy. There are a few things like that in JK2 as well. Like ent said, its due to the how the animations work. Since the top half of the body is using one animation and the lower half is doing another, it isn't the smoothest thing at times.

Not even sure it can be fixed, but I'm no coder.

Hmm, I'm not aware of any glitches like that in JK2, at least not with the start animation.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the legs/torso division, rather just what animation frames are assigned and the harsh transition into those animations.

I tried to fix it by excluding certain starting frames in animation.cfg, and it worked somewhat well serverside + clientside, but once I connected to another server, it became visible again.