renamed .bsp in base map not working

this (copied from that thread)

The last thing that comes to mind is client-side map plugins, a very fun and handy trick.

Normally when you load up a map on a server all the clients who connect have to have it.

There's a way around this.

You can rename your custom map .bsp to that of a base map and put it in the folder that the assets use for the map in your own pk3. An example would be your could take JSA Trials and toss it into the /maps/ folder of a pk3 with the name academy1.bsp

Then if you use a misc_bsp to connect it to your map along with a teleporter to get there you'll be able to have fun in a custom map while those who don't have it can still connect.

One thing to take note of though is if your custom map in question uses bmodels (doors and so on) in a quantity exceeding that of the base map you overwrote, those who enter into the map but do not have your client pk3 will crash to the main menu.

This is because while the engine can load up a bmodel even if it isn't the one being used, it can not load a bmodel that never existed in the base version.

Ah. well, in that case you succeeded. All this does is let people who don't have your map connect. They will still see the original map, and will be blindly bumping around the custom one.

The other thing he suggests is inserting your map into the base map as a bsp model, allowing players with out it to sit in the original map without being disconnected and have your custom one accessible via a teleport to those who have it.

But I see the map in the server as though I don't have the custom map at all. :$ yet I have the custom map in my base.

did you add a bsp model to the original map? or did you rename the custom maps bsp in your base folder too?