Bad/missing bone or missing animation sequence?

Go to solution Solved by DT.,

After seeing that the model that i've been editing seems to work in both Noesis and Modview, having textures applied with no faults of animations, I try to add the model to the game which does in a way work, when choosing my class in multiplayer and selecting the model I can see it perfectly in the class configuration menu working with animations and looks exactly as it should, however, when i get to actually starting the match the model appears to be... Kyle?

Through checking the console, I see this (http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/254843095473229016/4E15FB1D733C73A27A2AA7218E624940E3FE6E63/) Warning message yet I don't see how there can be a missing bone or missing animation sequence as it seems to work fine in modview + can see the model moving perfectly in the class config menu, the export from blender also reads models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid which I have been told is the correct location so i'm really confused at why this won't work.

Screenshot of model in class configs (animation of walking works in menu as with all other game models)

bd613ddc2c46b4ff5f29d35b789ba310.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Either you're trying to load a model with a custom animation set (GLA) or you've borked the model (GLM) in Blender. I don't use Blender, so can't help you there.

Well it's not the first option  :

I don't see how I could have borked the model either since I've followed what many have said to correctly make a Blender model work with JKA, also managing to have zero errors pop-up in Modview and Noesis, able to see animations and the textured model perfectly. Now, if the model was borked in Blender shouldn't it have errors show up in Modview, i thought if it worked there it would work in game? (I'm still relatively new to Blender and only just started Frankenstein Modelling)

The hierarchy is i'm pretty sure correct as i've had many errors in this area which I managed to overcome, I get no export to .glm errors with the model anymore, the animations work fine in modview, the model shows up perfectly in Noesis and Modview, I tested with other models and it was exactly the same. Sooo i'm really confuzzled on how I could have messed up the model in the process :/

*BUMP*

Bump, If the file is needed, here it is http://www.mediafire.com/file/slpoohblx5tde5h/Thexan+Model+blend.zip

I really need help with this if the model is infact not 'borked' so to speak.

Ok so I noticed you're missing a few of the basic model tags. Out of all the missing tags, the game requires *head_top or it will throw a "bad model" error to the console and refuse to load the model. If you add this tag, it should work fine. It can be found in any base JKA model.

Ok so I noticed you're missing a few of the basic model tags. Out of all the missing tags, the game requires *head_top or it will throw a "bad model" error to the console and refuse to load the model. If you add this tag, it should work fine. It can be found in any base JKA model.

Hmmm, after looking at the original Starkiller head hierarchy, I noticed that I forgot to move across all of the tags so I added them, however, I still get the exact same issue :(

May I ask if possible for you to have a quick look at the new blender hierarchy to see if the tags are correct?

If not i'll just post the link here anyway : https://www.mediafire.com/?9ha3j9dt9qhv112

• Solution

I don't really use Blender and cannot offer much assistance with it. Now I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but internally your models name is "models/players/Thexan/model" instead of "model.glm". Could be the Blender JKA plugin doing this and it may not even matter.

A few things to fix:

- head tags need to be parented to the head mesh

- hips tags need to be parented to the hips mesh

- you didn't include any foot tags, ie r_leg_foot & l_leg_foot

Hopefully after fixing all of that, you'll have a working model.

D A R K S ! D E and Hashira like this

I don't really use Blender and cannot offer much assistance with it. Now I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but internally your models name is "models/players/Thexan/model" instead of "model.glm". Could be the Blender JKA plugin doing this and it may not even matter.

A few things to fix:

- head tags need to be parented to the head mesh

- hips tags need to be parented to the hips mesh

- you didn't include any foot tags, ie r_leg_foot & l_leg_foot

Hopefully after fixing all of that, you'll have a working model.

Thank you! It was indeed that tags were not parented correctly as well as missing tags under multiple meshes.

D A R K S ! D E likes this