Build Advice - Halp!

Hello JKHub, I've decided it's finally time to build a new PC and I was hoping y'all might look it over, maybe offer me some advice / pointers.

Here's what I have so far:

KPONeWa.png

Additionally I also have a 1.5TB hard drive I'll be installing as a secondary storage, not part of price since I already own it.

Here's my basic outline of requirements:

• Run Cryengine at 1080p at 60+ fps on High or Better Settings
  • Run Unreal Engine at 1080p at 60+ fps on High or Better Settings
  • Will be able to run Rend2 (mostly a joke requirement so that this has something to do with JKHUB)
  • Will be using to compile large projects, primarily C++ code.
  • Will occasionally be doing short-term large data processing in order to debug server software components
  • Less than $750.00 (That's about 660 Euros)
  • Parts need to be available within the next three weeks, don't want to wait longer then that.
  • Prefer i7 over i5, and Nvidia over ATI/AMD.

I don't really care for/about:

• What the case looks like, as long as it fits and has room for eventual expansion
  • The latest and greatest, just needs to be decent
  • Noise is not too big of an issue
  • Don't care if it's a hodge-podge machine from different manufacturers as long as it works.

Any suggestions?  Look good?  Thanks.

JKG Developer

Well, which Cryengine and which Unreal Engine do you want to run? Getting a solid 60fps on UE1 is not that big of a deal. xD

For Rend2 you'll need something that supports OpenGL 3.2.

Latest versions basically. Unreal 4 v10+, Cryengine V, the card I listed should at least support up to opengl 4.4 so I shouldn't need to worry about Rend2 at least. :P

JKG Developer

• 3 weeks later...

Well I (nearly) finished it.  Waiting for my real monitor to come, but I'm getting 250fps on blank cryengine 5.1 map.  Sooooo much better :D  I ended up putting it inside an old server rack case since I got one for free from a surplus thing at work.  It doesn't look like much, but it's got it where it counts.  :P

JKG Developer

I would've went with ddr4 personally. It's been out since last year and not the much more. You'd need a different motherboard though. And why go for wireless internet? Bad for gaming lol.

Your CPU is also like 3-4 generations old still good just saying.

Sentra likes this

The wireless internet is just an option in case it's needed, I default to using Ethernet when available my living quarters are a little interesting...  Yeah DDR4 would be nice, but my budget limit was $750 so a new motherboard would have been a bit pricey and DDR4 doesn't really give you that great of gains for the price imo.

JKG Developer