Skins Replace

Hello!

Well, In an attempt to modify my Jedi Academy to make it look better, I came out with an idea.

I recently played Movie Duels II, and if anyone here have played movie duels II, you certainly must remember the "Jedi Skin" (In case You don't, i'll leave some screenshots of some images on the MD assets file).

I wanted to make those skins playable on my Jedi Academy (Using Knights of the Force mod), but when I moved the MDII Skins to my Jedi Academy assets1.pk3, the skins showed like this:

2a2c16f641.jpg

I want to know if there's a way to fix them. I'm not much of a modder (I just know how to re-color skins with paint/PS), so I have no idea of what do I have to do to make MDII Skins work on my KotF.

Thanks for your time.

Skins that I mentioned: 

31582f836d.jpg 40f50253b9.jpg 4f214ab7e3.jpg

4f214ab7e3.jpg 9a25d1831b.jpg

Moving the .skin files will only move the files that point to the actual skin textures. If the textures aren't there, they'll be displayed in those shades of gray, and that could also happen in case the textures are there, but the shaders responsible for the effects on those textures are not. In any case, if you want to experiment with modding, you shouldn't touch assets0-3.pk3, ever. You'll want to create a brand new .pk3 file instead, with the related folders.

Anyway, looking at that model, it seems extremely unlikely that the skins will work on the default Jaden player model. Those skins are meant for a completely different model, Spanki's Jedi Customization, which you should probably just download if you want those additional models and skins.

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1707-spankis-jedi-customization/

Moving the .skin files will only move the files that point to the actual skin textures. If the textures aren't there, they'll be displayed in those shades of gray, and that could also happen in case the textures are there, but the shaders responsible for the effects on those textures are not. In any case, if you want to experiment with modding, you shouldn't touch assets0-3.pk3, ever. You'll want to create a brand new .pk3 file instead, with the related folders.

Anyway, looking at that model, it seems extremely unlikely that the skins will work on the default Jaden player model. Those skins are meant for a completely different model, Spanki's Jedi Customization, which you should probably just download if you want those additional models and skins.

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1707-spankis-jedi-customization/

That's what I was looking for! Thank you so much pal