UI Imports for CGame?

Exmirai

As long as you include the new imports at the end of the structure, it might not break compatibility with base.

However, I think that some CGame imports have no business being in UI (trap->R_RegisterShader, for instance. You should only be using trap->R_RegisterShaderNoMip in UI)

What if you're registering shaders ahead of time, or for player models.

The only issue you would have adding new traps is that they would not function when running without ojk engine since not hooked up to any syscall.

But I still see little use adding the server browser features to CGame.  The purpose of cgame is control over currently connected server.  The UI is handled separately regardless if the CGame shares the rendering portions of the ui, its still not the same !  Even the HUD drawing isn't really using the UI code, it just asks the menu files for the location of specific objects and renders by hand.

What if you're registering shaders ahead of time, or for player models.

The only issue you would have adding new traps is that they would not function when running without ojk engine since not hooked up to any syscall.

But I still see little use adding the server browser features to CGame.  The purpose of cgame is control over currently connected server.  The UI is handled separately regardless if the CGame shares the rendering portions of the ui, its still not the same !  Even the HUD drawing isn't really using the UI code, it just asks the menu files for the location of specific objects and renders by hand.

Why would you register shaders prior to cgame loading?

Yes, which is why it would be registered prior to CGame loading.

You are misreading what I am saying.

If you can precache the model so it can be viewed, the shaders for it also get precached internally in the same call. There is no need to register that model's shaders in a separate interrupt.

Although now that I think about it, a point can be made that one could use a shader remap/override on the display object, which would require a shader to be registered. So the import makes sense now that I think about it.