Feature request: Go sideways...

I recently finished the latest TombRaider on my Xbox 360... and it had a feature where, if Lara was running forward and came to a narrow passage where she couldn't fit straight-on... as you pushed her forward she would turn sideways and shuffle thru the narrow opening and when thru and clear ...she would return to default forward posture.

I think an automatic feature like this would add to JK gameplay. I know it would take 2 new animations (left/right versions + their transitions) ...but it seems like an easy coding change. It would also solve NPC & player blockages in narrow passages. Thoughts?

Your idea sounds awesome, but the applications seem very limited. I can't think of many instances where this would be needed. Not saying this shouldn't be made, like I said, it would be awesome. I wonder if we could edit the maps to add instances where this animation would be utilized. Of course, this should be done after the animation would be added.

Your idea sounds awesome, but the applications seem very limited. I can't think of many instances where this would be needed. Not saying this shouldn't be made, like I said, it would be awesome. I wonder if we could edit the maps to add instances where this animation would be utilized. Of course, this should be done after the animation would be added.

I don't think that the map would need recompiling... the code would just need to do a quick check if the bounding box collision could be avoided by using the "sideways" dimension that bounds the "scoot sideways" animation... and if so make it happen???

The main issue with this is that the bounding boxes for players aren't thinner when you turn them sideways. From above, the bounding box is a square. I don't think the engine supports a non-square bounding box (in MP at least) without getting prediction errors.

@@DT85 posted/requested somewhere about not locking the X & Y bounding box dimensions and demo'd a simple code mod to allow different X & Y bbox values. Wouldn't that work here???

Or perhaps we could use a collision model on the lowest LOD of the GLM? Not for physics mind you, just for model bounds. Would be extremely useful for custom models that aren't humanoid such as that Kryaat Dragon. :P

To stop any models that do not have an extremely low triangle collision model (at the lowest LOD) from using the lowest LOD as a collision model, a maximum triangle limit may work. When hit, it would default the model that hit the limit back to using a bounding box.