NULL Shader?

Daedra

This usually happens when you have too many particles from efx on-screen. I think you can increase r_maxpolys to something bigger (don't go wild, just increase it until the warning goes away) to fix the problem.

I appreciate the help but it just spammed even more. I think it is connected to the Saber not loading properly

Oh, I didn't notice the badly drawn saber :P Is the saber some kind of mod? Does it work with jamp.exe?

It is a mod.

And my JAMP doesn't even load lol

But even like that everyone elses Saber doesn't load properly either

So I can only guess that the shader for the saber efx is broken. Can you try going on an empty server (so that nobody is using a saber) and then checking the console after you've connected for any shader errors or warnings?

Went into a Solo session and it still spams me with the same error..

Untitled2.png

And the saber is still weird.

Yes the orange blade is different due to the Kylo Ren saber

Remove it from your base folder, and load the game up to see if you continue receiving the same problem/error.

If the problem is gone, then we know what files we need to look at to fix it. That narrows it down.

Remove it from your base folder, and load the game up to see if you continue receiving the same problem/error.

If the problem is gone, then we know what files we need to look at to fix it. That narrows it down.

I took ALL my modded .pk3 files out and it still gives me that error with sabers not loading properly

I took ALL my modded .pk3 files out and it still gives me that error with sabers not loading properly

Interesting... That means that there's something wrong with the game's assets or configuration. Have you tried moving your user config files out to the desktop? I'm thinking the jampconfig.cfg may have gotten corrupted, or is storing a value for an item that no longer exists in your base folder, trying to load it persistently.

Alternatively, and if this doesn't work, you could try to reinstall/repair JKA.

Interesting... That means that there's something wrong with the game's assets or configuration. Have you tried moving your user config files out to the desktop? I'm thinking the jampconfig.cfg may have gotten corrupted, or is storing a value for an item that no longer exists in your base folder, trying to load it persistently.

Alternatively, and if this doesn't work, you could try to reinstall/repair JKA.

I don't have a jampconfig

Okay, your jampconfig.cfg is in "Documents/My Games/OpenJK/base". Move it out of there to the desktop and run the game (a clean config setup this time) in Solo mode. Does the problem persist?

Also, are you running an official or customised build of OpenJK?

Okay, your jampconfig.cfg is in "Documents/My Games/OpenJK/base". Move it out of there to the desktop and run the game (a clean config setup this time) in Solo mode. Does the problem persist?

Also, are you running an official or customised build of OpenJK?

Official version and this is how the base folder looks:

Untitled.jpg

I have no jampconfig.cfg at all

Are you testing using the Solo game mode?

And you can restore your openjk.cfg now.

kinda just deleted the cfg.. :/ Edit: nvm got it back

Are you testing using the Solo game mode?

And you can restore your openjk.cfg now.

i have tested in both solo and online both give me that error with sabers not loading properly

Use Solo only for testing for now.

Hmm... that's strange. At this point I'd say you should re-install JKA to restore the assets0-3 PK3s. It seems something got corrupted in your assets. Do you get the same error when you run JAMP.exe (if you still have it in the install directory of the game)?

Edit:

What about the lightsaber blades? Did they go back to normal when you moved all your custom PK3s out of the base folder?

Use Solo only for testing for now.

Hmm... that's strange. At this point I'd say you should re-install JKA to restore the assets0-3 PK3s. It seems something got corrupted in your assets. Do you get the same error when you run JAMP.exe (if you still have it in the install directory of the game)?

What about the lightsaber blades? Did they go back to normal when you moved all your custom PK3s out of the base folder?

Running JAMP.exe just gives me this

Untitled.jpg