Assertion failed ( MAX_ANIM_FILES )

Go to solution Solved by Mr. Dinnertime,

Hi ^^ I don't suppose anybody could help me / offer me any advice for a particular crash?

The only mods I've seen this crash occur on are makermod and lugormod. Even after removing all of the pk3s from my lugormod / base folder (assets 0 - 3 are still in my base folder obviously :rolleyes:) it still occurs on lugormod.

The crash doesn't occur very often but it will continue until the map changes.

This is what the crash looks like:

1c576e6ed6.png

I don't know what sort of things you'd need me to tell you to help you help me.

I'm running base jedi academy (jamp) but openjk also gives me the same error.

My system specs are:

3.2 Ghz i7 processor

16 GB Corsair Vengeance ram

Big Bang X-Power motherboard

256 GB Samsung 840 pro ssd

Radeon HD 7950 graphics card

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I'm using the 4.5 .NET framework if that matters O-o

I have the visual c++ redistributables for 2010 (32 and 64 bit). I presume that's what jedi academy uses.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

I finally found a solution to this o.o ty for all the replies. Very helpful ^^

The version of OpenJK I made my cvar unlocker in must have either been buggy or setting the sv_cheats cvar to 1 must have affected the animations somehow <_<

After clearing my lugormod and makermod folders and removing the cvar unlocker pk3, the problem still remained. I took the cgamex86.dll out of both folders and the problem went away. I can only think that for some reason, a new .dll was being created when jedi academy was loaded with the mod.

After loading all of the mods, apart from my cvar unlocker, and loading the said maps on the servers which the error occured on I'm absolutely sure that that's what the problem was.

Your problem was simply compiling your cvar unlocker (or any other mod) in Debug configuration. Those assert boxes don't show up in Release builds.

I thought your post was about the underlying assertion error about animation files not the fact that assertions were showing :P