Safe malloc and weird PRT

Ok so these two questions may or may not be related however both oddities and issues started around the same time. In this shot you can see pretty much the maps essential information, brush count so far is faily low, the geometry of the brush work fairly simple. also the overall entity count, around 430 of them are lights.
Now oddity one is the weird result of unescesarry portals outside the actual map its self. Now of course these are not causing any vis compile issues, happily despite this maps size now that I've gotten the hinting technique down goes incredibly fast, less than a minute for a very large map. However I am wondering if this is an indicator of a smaller/potentially bigger problem. I also am wondering if this is also hurting the next stage of compile my lighting as oddly enough I compile light fine without a vis compile, but if I do a vis compile I get safe malloc during it. Even with giving it a couple of minutes break in between compiles.

I looked through my compile logs and theirs no indication of any leaks or what not so I cant seem to figure this one out...

SafeMallocWTF.jpg