Uploading someone else's work with their permission

So I uploaded binaries for a Jedi Outcast Linux port that was made by someone else here to JKHub, but I obtained specific written permission from them that I could upload their file to JKHub. I made this clear in my readme file, but my file still got denied. Is there some rule against uploading someone else's work with their permission? I can prove that I got permission from the guy who made the port if necessary.

Also, it would be cool if you guys made it clearer that your file was rejected, and with a specific reason. The only way I knew my file was rejected was by checking the pending page until it started re-directing me to the homepage. 

Oh...

I thought it was denied. I had uploaded a map pack from before under similar circumstances and it never got uploaded and I never got any email either. I don't know what ever happened to it but I assume it was denied. I never followed through to make a post about it though.

In otherwords, what he wants is it to tell him that his file is pending review instead of making it look like it was rejected?

It does. In a large red box at the top of the file's page. :P

Oh...

I thought it was denied. I had uploaded a map pack from before though under similar circumstances and it never got uploaded and I never got any email either. I don't know what ever happened to it but I assume it was denied. I never followed through to make a post about it though.

Well, you should have gotten a PM about it. Whether or not the staff member that denied it actually did as such is out of my hands.

As long as you got permission to upload it, there should be no problem.

Well, in my defense I didn't mean what your interpretation of what I said was. Again I was confused about the rejection thing. I thought that they didn't send you any message or any notification that your file was rejected. The pending screen didn't have anything to do with that. I thought that because I could no longer view the pending page that meant my file was rejected.

Futuza likes this

Well, in my defense I didn't mean what your interpretation of what I said was. Again I was confused about the rejection thing. I thought that they didn't send you any message or any notification that your file was rejected. The pending screen didn't have anything to do with that. I thought that because I could no longer view the pending page that meant my file was rejected.

Unfortunately, yes, the page isn't located anywhere after you submit, but you can still access it. You can go to your browser's history and get to the file page. Hopefully when we do some renovating around here, that will be one thing that will be remedied.