New/Custom NPC GLA animations file... a few questions

O.K. I've been working to improve Tsvetan's dotXSI 1.x Import Maxscript file to better import Star Trek: Voyager- Elite Force animations... you can find them here:

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/Player_Characters_XSI_Animation_Source_Files;27608

I would like to use some of these animations for a new NPC Repair Droid (Leebo)--

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/LE-BO2D9

My questions are (@@DT85 and other experts):

1. Is it as simple as creating a new custom GLA for the NPC?

2. Do the animation file names have to be standardized to names that exist in existing NPC animation.cfg files or can they be unique?

3. Is any coding mods required to do this? (@@eezstreet)

P.S. -- I will be posting the import script to the utilities section soon...

You can't create custom GLA for NPC, only for GLM-model.

Lol, NPC's are GLM models unless someone codes in another format then it could be any format. :P

@@Archangel35757

I wouldn't expect it to work with MP, but should be ok for SP. So long as you follow the JKA specifics, it should work fine. Take a look at how the rocket trooper works, he has his own GLA + animation.cfg.

2. You'll need to rename animations to match the animation list in JKA (BOTH_WALK1, BOTH_RUN1, etc)

3. Game loads the GLM then the GLM loads the GLA so to speak, and loads the animation.cfg from the GLA directory AFAIK so you shouldn't need any coding whatsoever unless you need to add special behaviour/animations that isn't/aren't already present in JKA.

The only problem I can think of that you'll run into is bone angles (for torso movement while pitching etc) & bone names (the code moves a few of them). What I'd do to fix this is to use a clean set of bones that are identical to _humanoid (with correct angles & naming) and bind the EF skeleton to them.

Lol, NPC's are GLM models unless someone codes in another format then it could be any format. :P

@@Archangel35757

I wouldn't expect it to work with MP, but should be ok for SP. So long as you follow the JKA specifics, it should work fine. Take a look at how the rocket trooper works, he has his own GLA + animation.cfg.

2. You'll need to rename animations to match the animation list in JKA (BOTH_WALK1, BOTH_RUN1, etc)

3. Game loads the GLM then the GLM loads the GLA so to speak, and loads the animation.cfg from the GLA directory AFAIK so you shouldn't need any coding whatsoever unless you need to add special behaviour/animations that isn't/aren't already present in JKA.

The only problem I can think of that you'll run into is bone angles (for torso movement while pitching etc) & bone names (the code moves a few of them). What I'd do to fix this is to use a clean set of bones that are identical to _humanoid (with correct angles & naming) and bind the EF skeleton to them.

I intend to use a JKA skeleton... but I plan to re-target a lot of STVEF animations onto it. So I will have several custom animations that do not exist in JKA-- Thus I believe I will need a coding mod as well to add the new animations. Thoughts?