How can I help?

Lockgo

How everyone, I have been excited about the source code being released online since day 1, and have been a fan of the Jedi Knight series since Dark Forces 2. I wanted to know how I could help with my coding skills. I already forked a copy on github, but wanted to know if anyone was focusing on anything specifically right now.

I also always wanted to clean up the combat a little bit, as well as single player AI.

I loved how the game actually had physics for npcs, specially how you could use grip to throw both alive or dead enemies, but woundered why there wasn't any ability to "move objects" or "force throw", obviouslly a limitation of the Quake 3 engine, but they where defienantly working towards something. How much work do you think it would take to have moveable objects that aren't triggered events, in both Single player and Multiplayer?

Jedi Knight Galaxies could always use some more coders, you should drop by and chat with us: http://jkgalaxies.com/irc/ or irc:/irc.arloria.net/#jkgalaxies (since jkgalaxies.com exceeded its monthly bandwidth, oops)

One hacky way of getting around the 'move objects' 'force grip objects', is by making objects which are actually inanimate npcs, this way they can still be gripped (and even have hp or 'durability' if you prefer!).

Lockgo likes this

JKG Developer

Oh nice, I'm assuming its an easy fix to make it so you don't auto jump when you jump ontop of those objects. I was also thinking of a way to direct objects and shoot them towards people, something you could already technically do in Jedi academy with the fallen enemy bodies, with a combination of grip and force push. I actually purposely used them as  cover in base JA single player when I went through the game the first time. :) So imagine actually being able to use actual cover thats big enough to cover your entire body. "The enemy AI always aimed for the torso, so partical cover was actually possible".

This game had so much hidden depth to it.