:( hey there i was wondering if you could help me out. see ive been trying all week to get different models or at least skins onto my jk:ja. ive looked everywhere for someone who maybe could explain, and found this site, but  to be honest its pretty difficult to follow the instructions some of the people have up. i have downloaded skin files. do you know how to easily attach them to one of the player models? :unsure:

Are you wanting to get a downloaded skin ingame, or copy over the textures of it onto another model, as it seems like you're asking two things here?

Wonko means that putting more information in the title. Reason being is lots of people ask for help, so stating the general topic in the title would probably help more people give you an answer.

LatiasLatios likes this

The uv map is completely different for those models, so copying the textures over would look like a mess on the rebel model. You'd need to edit the rebel's textures, and copy the various parts you want from the arc trooper onto it. I made a tutorial here on how to make/edit a skin and get it ingame if that helps you at all, but there are also plenty of others out there on the topic

LatiasLatios and Asgarath83 like this

Easy way: edit the texture with a program like paint shop pro or photoshop etc.

hard way: import the model inm a program like softimage, maya, 3d max, gmax or blender and change the uv map for adapt to new textures.

you can open the skin file with a notepad.

you can see "name of mesh" ,  "relative path of the texture"

about shaders are in shaders folder, also can open with notepad and edit the path for adapt the changes. 

You can use ModView for see the model when you edit it, use the command "refresh texture" after saved with the graphic program psp gimp. etcv etc, and you can see immediatly the graphic change of the model. :)

You need howevert to import the model into a graphical program for see the form ov the uvmapping for a better detailed work. :)