[Request] Duel Server Ranking

Recently, the base/competitive scene has been a bit more quiet than usual (hard to believe, I know). I've been trying to think of ways to spark more interest for the players, and to provide something different and fresh.

I also have talked to a lot of old school players recently and they told me about "BWN" and "Sabermetrix" back in the day which was a server-side mod that had numerous features such as:

- Detailed player profiles and match histories.

- Server specific ranking and player profiles (by server owner for 1 or more servers).

- League rankings (all servers).

- Live server listings, show which servers are active, who is playing and their rating.

- In-game player score reports.

- In game match announcer.

- Enhanced gameplay balance between no force and force jump settings.

- Score keeper, automatic tracking and reporting of clan and player matches.

(You can read more about it here: http://archives.thejediacademy.net/index.php/Bladeworks_Network)

I was thinking maybe if we could bring something like this back and maybe use an account system like lugormod does (BWN used your name as the profile which lead to a lot of abuse), it would would be a lot of fun for old players and new players alike. 

Yay or Nay? 

Ping likes this

The American competitive scene has been dead for god knows how long now, while the ESL has experienced quite a strong spike in activity as of late (although, to be fair, it does seem to have calmed down a bit again - guess spring break is over or something). I'm all for doing something to revitalize the american side and I think a mod like that would certainly help. I believe that someone somewhere has had an idea about something similar to this though; think it might have been openjk related, but not sure. Also, you link to the old TJA wiki - I like that. We should be friends.

The American competitive scene has been dead for god knows how long now, while the ESL has experienced quite a strong spike in activity as of late (although, to be fair, it does seem to have calmed down a bit again - guess spring break is over or something)

The USA scene isn't ''dead''  it just has a smaller pool of players because we're only one country and the fact that it's harder to compete in ESL due to having to play latency issues. 

Regardless,  I'm glad you agree; I hope the EU side would benefit from a mod like this as well. 

P.S. I will be your friend <3

The Europeans have the ESL, but America never had its own formal league system that was not significantly skewed or biased against them (like the ESL was back in the days, although it had its tolerant days as well, I guess). The closest that they had was maybe 'Week of War', which was really quite awful in many ways if you remember that one. BWN and Sabermetrix were excellent for competitive play, but they failed as formal systems due to their flaws. So by 'dead' I mean exactly that: No participation in any formal leagues and no formal competitive structure of its own; once Sabermetrix was gone, they didn't even have a league that people could play in. Are there even clans at all anymore that play official clan matches not held on JA+? I think GoD tried to claim that they were one of those, but the last time I checked their forums, they only had 3 matches played, all of which were against minor JA+ clanners. People like Crimelord and Water used to play on the ESL's 1v1 ladder, but besides that? Some of these guys signed up an official US national team for the JNC back in August 2013, but they never played any matches.

So at this point, anything would be a big help, no doubt about it. Do you have the skills and resources to start a mod project like that? I strongly believe you should get in touch with the guys in charge of compJA, since I believe it was them that wanted to do something similar: https://github.com/Razish/CompJA

Do you have the skills and resources to start a mod project like that? I strongly believe you should get in touch with the guys in charge of compJA, since I believe it was them that wanted to do something similar: https://github.com/Razish/CompJA

I dont, sadly. Which is why I'm here. I'd happily pay someone to make it (If it's done right)!

I checked out CompJA, but it hasn't been updated in 3-4 months. Not sure if it's a dead project or people are busy and whatnot. 

seeing a legit revival of something like sabermetrix would be one thing that has potential to stimulate activity in the Jedi academy scene. Lord knows we need a few more ppl playing base. Also HI MASTA YOU DA BEST.

• 3 weeks later...