Skies Won't Make Light

Key
Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

I'm probably doing something really stupid / noobish here, but my maps won't compile with light from the skybox. I'm using one of the original skies, bespin's skybox, and even if I do a full or final compile - there is no light being generated on the map. The brushes / world remains entirely dark, as if there were 0 light (there IS 0 light). I've tried doing a simple BSP compile then running over it with -light and -vis, still nothing. I've also tried doing different skyboxes, again failing. The skies always appear above head in the map perfectly fine though, as does every other shader. I checked all my compile templates to make sure they're looking in the right directories.

Also, unlike skyboxes, light will be omitted from my own custom shaders. Which kinda led me to believe there's something wrong with my shaderlist, but I've been able to compile much larger / complex maps and find that the skybox will randomly kick in/out. So there must be some technique or step that's escaping me here... my map is literally just 2 rooms. 

Could anyone... shed some light? (sorry, couldn't resist)

• Solution

The only base sky shaders set up to emit light are normallight, bluelight, orangelight, test, test3, right_light, test4, test5, kejim_light, new_test, artus_light, yavin_nodraw, hevil, hoth, siege_1, hevil_2, test_korriban1 and rail_sun. If you use any other shader it's normal to have no light.