Question: OpenJK Client changes + Other servers = ?

Akimoto

If I were to get a copy of the OpenJK, compile it and run it - would I be able to join all servers? 
Let me ... add to the question. Could I theoretically add hovering health bars on all players, and join other servers? Not that I would do such a thing, that would be unfair... 

I just want to know if this would be possible. <.<

There are many things I would like to learn. Such as interacting with JKA - Making a kill tracker, for example. (Cmon, how difficult is it to add 1 every time you (the player) get's a kill?!)
I would also like to see player names above the players, instead of when aiming at them.

There are many things I would like to learn. Such as interacting with JKA - Making a kill tracker, for example. (Cmon, how difficult is it to add 1 every time you (the player) get's a kill?!)

I would also like to see player names above the players, instead of when aiming at them.

Making a kill tracker is pretty easy. From what I understand, all you gotta do is change one of the PERS_ fields to be like PERS_KILLS, and then add one each time you kill something. It'll be updated on the client too that way.

As for names above people, you might want to see how names above NPCs heads work in JKG.