Are there any tutorials demonstrating custom prop creation?

I've looked all over Google and the tutorials here but i can't find anything that shows you how to export a simple model from 3DS or whatever and import it into GTKRadiant.

If somebody could help me i'd be extremely grateful!  For now i just want to make a very simple object for testing purposes, export it and import it as a prop/scenery into a map.

Thanks!

You've compiled a map before, right? So just keep doing that the way you've always done it. Use a misc_model for the prop. The compiler (i.e. Q3Map2) will handle the rest.

I usually compile them in Radiant...

I'm just confused, how can you compile a map with a prop in it when the prop isn't even there because i need to compile the prop =/

The exporter is assuming q3, you can see it in the file path it is adding baseq3 after Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/ and not even including gamedata. I have been using mrwonko's plugin for a while now, if you want next time you are on irc I will show you how to get it from Blender to scale using a template start up file I have.

The exporter is assuming q3, you can see it in the file path it is adding baseq3 after Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/ and not even including gamedata. I have been using mrwonko's plugin for a while now, if you want next time you are on irc I will show you how to get it from Blender to scale using a template start up file I have.

Okay i'll go on IRC.

For 3ds max and md3:

You just need to add

models/map_objects/yourmodelfolder/yourmodeltexture.tga

To the material name, which normally says default 1 or something.

Yeh thanks i did that yesterday and it worked but i was told that adding the file extension was a bad idea but i suppose that's wrong since you have more experience :)