A slight code adjustment

So I was wondering if it would be possible to change how the game handles the SET_PLAYERMODEL command from BehavEd. When run, this script changes the playermodel to the model of your choice. This doesn't seem to work for other NPCs though - it'll crash the game as soon as you assign an NPC another model since, I presume, the game is set up to use the SET_PLAYERMODEL command for the player only. 

I was told OpenJK might implement a fix for this, but it seems it hasn't been added yet since the game still crashes in the same manner when running OpenJK. 

I'm no coder, but I can't imagine that a fix for this would involve much more than a slight change somewhere in the source code, or perhaps within the source code of BehavEd itself. Would anyone be willing to lend some support for this, in any manner? 

Thanks in advance. 

Oh, I see. It was actually a PM from you that made me hopeful about OpenJK already having sorted this out. 

I suggest making an issue about this (again) and see what happens. 

How would I go about doing that? Is there a subforum or something where these kind of OpenJK requests go? 

If all else fails, it'd be really great if you'd have the time to fix this yourself once you get a hold of those assets. I appreciate the offer.