Save issues between different versions of GTK Radiant

Go to solution Solved by Beyond Heretic,

So I've been having reaccuring save problems between different versions of Radiant. I've been using 1.3 but I've had a lot of compiling issues due to maps suddenly not compiling due to not finding a map I just saved. With 1.4 maps just don't save at all, and the same goes with 1.5

Apparently this is entirely due to my using Windows 7, and Radiant 1.6 is designed for it. My main question is, is the save issue with prior versions fixable, and if it isn't how can I install Jedi Academy to run on 1.6? 

To get 1.4 to save in Windows 7 you need to change the Save dialog style to the GTK one in the preferences and then manually append .map to the file name. But really 1.6 is just fine - you'll need the JAPack, if that still isn't included, which you then place in the installs folder. It will then be installed when you first launch it in JA Mode.

To get 1.4 to save in Windows 7 you need to change the Save dialog style to the GTK one in the preferences and then manually append .map to the file name. But really 1.6 is just fine - you'll need the JAPack, if that still isn't included, which you then place in the installs folder. It will then be installed when you first launch it in JA Mode.

Currently my main problem with the JA pack is once I place it in my installs folder, and launch the program. Radiant asks me to direct it to my JA directory. When I point it to my Gamedata folder the program tells me it cannot find the path specified. 

Currently my main problem with the JA pack is once I place it in my installs folder, and launch the program. Radiant asks me to direct it to my JA directory. When I point it to my Gamedata folder the program tells me it cannot find the path specified.

Weird... are there any uncommon characters in the path or something? Maybe ask in #radiant on QuakeNet IRC.
  • Solution

Weird... are there any uncommon characters in the path or something? Maybe ask in #radiant on QuakeNet IRC.

Never mind I managed to fix it by placing the contents of the ZeroRadiant folder into the JA Game pack.

The error message specifically looked for a file that the Zero Radiant folder had in it. Once I put it in there the program loaded up properly.